Ford Performance - Tune for the HO ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reason I asked is I would like to get into an R at some point if the market settles just wondering if it’s even going to around in 2 or 3 years from now. Defiantly agree about the clown show running the county into the ground. I’m retired military served under many POTS never seen things this bad in my life time kinda scary.

My dealer said ford will make the raptor r for another 3-4 yrs as it is currently positioned.....a golden ticket item for select dealers and buyers to get an allocation. If i had not just gotten this regular raptor from another dealer, i would have take him up on his +20k ADM. As far as the 3-4 yrs.....you never know, but this guy has been with a leaded ford dealer for like 20yrs. I take his word as the gospel.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reason I asked is I would like to get into an R at some point if the market settles just wondering if it’s even going to around in 2 or 3 years from now. Defiantly agree about the clown show running the county into the ground. I’m retired military served under many POTS never seen things this bad in my life time kinda scary.
This is pure speculation, but at the beginning of R production I heard it would be a 3 model year run, 23-25. This makes sense due to the tighter CAFE requirements going into place in 2026. Depending on the 24 election though, things are always subject to change.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Political question. The desire for EV is not there. Never mind the ability to make it happen. Almost all you see and hear is posturing for big daddy gov money and the assumption that we will have more of the rotten cantaloupe for head president we have now and his goons will force EV on us. The auto makers know that nothing happening now is organic.

Ford and other manufacturers are seeing a fairly simplistic way to moot epa regs and temporarily skirt CAFE standards by using a non Dino fuel. By and large, our purchasing segment doesn’t want it and I’d venture many more out there don’t after doing an honest comparison of current tech and infrastructure.

Desire for 40mpg cars wasn’t there either. Even after fuel standards tightened over and over and over, people keep buying F150’s and other light trucks, exactly the opposite of what the government wanted. So, if you’re a bureaucrat frustrated by the peasant’s behavior, what do you do? punish the peasants with more burdensome regulations! That will show them.

But my comment wasn’t that the F150 Raptor would go EV, it’s that it’s going extinct. Because Ford wants you to love the Bronco and not the F150 and if you want a Raptor you should want the braptor or ranger raptor. Does the bronco now have its own accessory catalog? last I checked the F150 Rap had 1.5 pages of accessories in the F/P catalog.
Press roll outs? Bronc has full press push. F150 Rap? what? it hasn’t been cancelled yet?

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford and other manufacturers are seeing a fairly simplistic way to moot epa regs and temporarily skirt CAFE standards by using a non Dino fuel. By and large, our purchasing segment doesn’t want it and I’d venture many more out there don’t after doing an honest comparison of current tech and infrastructure.

Desire for 40mpg cars wasn’t there either. Even after fuel standards tightened over and over and over, people keep buying F150’s and other light trucks, exactly the opposite of what the government wanted. So, if you’re a bureaucrat frustrated by the peasant’s behavior, what do you do? punish the peasants with more burdensome regulations! That will show them.

But my comment wasn’t that the F150 Raptor would go EV, it’s that it’s going extinct. Because Ford wants you to love the Bronco and not the F150 and if you want a Raptor you should want the braptor or ranger raptor. Does the bronco now have its own accessory catalog? last I checked the F150 Rap had 1.5 pages of accessories in the F/P catalog.
Press roll outs? Bronc has full press push. F150 Rap? what? it hasn’t been cancelled yet?
have you been hitting hunter's pipe?

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on track.....we want all the tuning options we can get....including OEM.....as pie in the sky as that sounds.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not arguing at all. But Tell me, what exactly about it was fun aside from straight line speed/pickup? I've driven a Tesla Model S and a Porshce Taycan. The S was a long time ago so don't recall it that well. The Taycan about a year ago. I held my phone in my hand to video the pickup. I was doing about 50 on the highway. I stepped on it as I changed lanes. The pickup was so instantaneous that I almost dropped the phone. But I owned a 2020 M5. The straight line speed was so brutal that it LITERALLY blurred my vision and gave me a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. But aside from straight line speed, it was not much different than any other vehicle I've driven and I've driven probably over 50, including my 911s on track multiple times. Tracking is super fun. Driving a fast car on the street is nothing special to me.
I can relate to the blurred vision you described and agree.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of "yes please take my money now" people. Factory tune/Warranty support would be awesome.
i had the same thought at first, then i watched the bronco vid... measly 20hp and thereabout torque wise. they also made a point to say that's at the flywheel. does not give me high hopes for the factory raptor tune should it ever come to fruition

chadinokc

Reaction score
i had the same thought at first, then i watched the bronco vid... measly 20hp and thereabout torque wise. they also made a point to say that's at the flywheel. does not give me high hopes for the factory raptor tune should it ever come to fruition
I would like to hope too that since the 3.5 Ford Performance Engine MIGHT be able to handle a little more than a 2.7 Bronco non-performance version. I guess time will tell and we will see. :emotions33: