Ford Performance - Tune for the HO ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Goosetuned Stage I puts out 500whp and 580ft/lbs torque on 91 octane. Impressive gains. I highly doubt the FP tune will put out anywhere near that, and as others have mentioned, no issues with the GT tune on this forum.

MikeyP87

Reaction score
Hey Mikey, I would bet you have an aftermarket tune. Side note, my guess, and by a large percentage, that the market for a small tune that adds warranty than any tune that would void it is WAY larger. This would be FP target audience, should one get released. Note, I'm not saying the aftermarket tunes are not amazing and the way to go. If Cobb was out for the 23's I'd already be an adopter, just like I was JB4 on my M3, now M Engineering with my 911 and Big B on the Benz. Basically, I think you're bashing an option that is designed for a segment of owners (not you and me) that the aftermarket tune does not appeal to. Nothing wrong with that. .02c
I'm not bashing having a warrantied option. I am bashing the FP tune because their previous tunes for other cars have been crap. Sure, they have a warranty but they only add a small amount of power that will be barely noticeable on this truck and do nothing else to improve drivability. And I'm bashing the FP tune because the existing option hasn't shown any reliability issues. If people are so concerned about the warranty, then skip a tune altogether. The miniscule power gains aren't worth the cost.

When the FP Explorer ST tune was announced, you had a bunch of people losing their minds because it had a warranty. And just like this truck, the main tuner for ExSTs hasn't had any reliability issues. The FP tune is nearly as expensive as a real tune, didn't fix the atrocious factory trans calibration, and barely dropped a quarter second off the 1/4 mile time.

Maybe I'm being boisterous about it, but just making sure people temper their expectations about an FP tune and spend their money on something like an intercooler which will actually improve the truck.

whitelye

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 Ford Bronco and put the "Factory" Ford Performance Tune on it. I had it done at the dealer (Walnut Creek Ford) as they are an authorized performance dealer. I found out my local Livermore dealer which is garbage anyways can't install any Ford Performance items and retain warranty.

First impressions on the Bronco were instant I was pleased with both the transmission tune / performance. While I'm sure other tuners can extrapolate more HP vs Ford this ensure I've got a paper trail ensuring my warranty is intact. I'll give up 5% reduction in HP vs Cobb to maintain a warranty and see improvements. Hopefully this does become a reality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter