Tune and Speedo

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Are they the original tires or is this a second set?

I'm asking because there are two different BFGs, one for Raptors and one for GMs
The Raptor ones cost more. (Raptor Tax you know) LOL

Two of them came off Raptor spare tires but are Ford stock. Basically I have two spares, never used, still had the nipples on them. I went to TRR in April with less than 2k miles on the stock tires. I tore up my rears. When I got back home, I swapped them both for the tires on the spares so I would have better thread . I only have 8k miles on my raptor right now.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My speedo has been off 2-3 mph just like yours since the first day, don't know why always bugged me but never really looked into it. Would be curious if anyone ever found out why though.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 4.88 gears and 37s I was about 15+% off which is a huge difference. With my SVC tune I was able to change the gear ration/tire settings but I'm still about 6% off. Going to try and reload the tune with a different tire rotation setting to see if that helps

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We need to get together and have SCT upgrade/re-write the SCT software to add circumference for the 3X, 4X and iTSX,
so tuners can add that as an option.

And by the way, SCT has done some software and firmware updates.
Might be a good idea to check SCT Tech Support online and make sure your up to date!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Here is what I see on the iTSX programmer. So should I change it to 605 then go up or down from there?

7usu9aqa.jpg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many options does the 5 Star Tune display?

On my 4X with the SCT Whipple Tune I only have two options available.

Global Spark
Gear/Tire ratio

I didn't research SCT's website fully, I should have bought the ITSX for Android.
Wouldn't have to have all these devices in the center console. LOL

I am in the process of getting another Tune that will enable/display more options.
Like I mention before, Tuners need the updated programming software from SCT, for them to continue to write files for these new devices.
The 4X and the iTSX is kind of new to Whipple and I guess this is going to be a process with these new devices.

Last edited:

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how did everyone set their cruise control to 78 mph? I could see using 75 mph since there is a tic on the speedometer for that speed. Is there a digital speedometer in your truck?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

how did everyone set their cruise control to 78 mph? I could see using 75 mph since there is a tic on the speedometer for that speed. Is there a digital speedometer in your truck?

Set it at 75 then tap the + three times. Or just eye ball it. Also used GPS to confirm.