Tune and Speedo

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its reading low I would leave it.. Less miles on your truck lol. I have even heard a rumor that the digital speedo and the analog speedo on a police car which are next to each other read different speeds. Those say certified calibration on the speedo too so I wouldn't expect a fix from ford.

Ps my source is pretty accurate... Just sayin.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Here are the pics that the iTSX allows you to do on top of any of the 5 Star tunes or SCT's default. I currently just set it to use the 5 Star 91 Performance tune. The only thing that I have adjusted is the Speed Limit to No Limit. It looks like your can adjust the tire rev in increments of 5. If the default for the stock tire is 604, would I adjust it to 600 or 610?

eseju5aj.jpg

muhusu5y.jpg

zuranuza.jpg

This is my second tune. When I first got it, I already had 87 in it. Just filled up with 91 and tuned it to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures RDFTS,
Have you had a chance to play with the shift points?

Also I just want to clarify that all Tunes for the SCT Scan Tools, be it what ever SCT tool your using. Are using the SCT software file format.
My understanding is that, It's up to the Tuners to write the tunes to allow you to see them and then of course adjust them.

I think the SCV Tunes has less enabled if I remember correctly, from the SCV thread.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry to bring this back from the dead but did anyone ever figure out what was going on with the speedo? My truck seems to be off by about 3 mph also. I drive past a speed trap daily and in my Cruze the speed matches but the truck it says I'm going 3 mph slower.

poke27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My speedo is off by about 3 mph as well. I brought it to the dealer, but the service dept. said they checked it, and it was only off by about 1 1/2-2mph. Last I checked, that's still not right!
They also screwed up on many other issues, so their response wasn't as surprising as it was disappointing. I will be taking it to another dealer for hopefully a better experience.
I'm curious to see what other people find with their speedo problems and if their dealers fix the problem.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My speedo is off by about 3 mph as well. I brought it to the dealer, but the service dept. said they checked it, and it was only off by about 1 1/2-2mph. Last I checked, that's still not right!

They also screwed up on many other issues, so their response wasn't as surprising as it was disappointing. I will be taking it to another dealer for hopefully a better experience.

I'm curious to see what other people find with their speedo problems and if their dealers fix the problem.

You need to ask them to check the speed on top and bottom of the tire. ........

Last edited:

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Figured I'd bring this back from the dead too.. I had 35x12.5R20 and just tossed on a set of Nitto trail grappler M/T 37x13.50r20 and as expected my speedo is off by 2-3mph per GPS. I have a 5-star tune and was going to adjust the rev/mile manually but little confused...

I looked up the rev/mile and set it to 550 but then my speed was even further off. I see toyo says 560... Should I go up or down from 550 to get it closer?