Tsb 11-7-20 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I routinely go to neutral on long lights and my gear indicator shuts off... If his stays on, then I'd say his truck is bunk and not yours. You do mean the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 when you say "gear display" and not the P, R, N, D, M, 2, 1, right? Those are always on on my truck. The 1-6 are only when I am in "D".

There might have been a programing update between late April and late May.

Yes, by gear display I was refering to the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 numerical indication. My brothers Raptor shows that at start-up and I don't rember it dropping off in N; if it did drop, it went back on when I shifted into D.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well yeah, it comes back on when in "D". It's always on in "D" unless you hit the "+". All the 2011 Raptors I've ever been in, including one that was a super early build that still has "the clunk", all act exactly as mine does.

Dunno what's wrong with yours or your brothers truck.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the 3-1 downshift problem? Mine completely skips 2nd when coming to a stop. I never have any issues and it's smooth as butter while doing so.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when i had my Black Screw it never showed me what gear i was unless i was in "M". its build date was like 5-20something i think..... i always wondered when i saw vids of peoples dash lcd and saw the gears......

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is interesting. All people need to do is screw around with all the buttons and shit and learn about their vehicle. If then, it doesn't work like others, then get it fixed.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I have to turn my gear indicator on (by pressing + or -) each time I shift into D if I want to see it.

If I put it in N, the indicator turns off.

If I put it back in D, the indicator WILL NOT turn on unless I press +/- again.

Starting it up and putting it in D, same thing: gear indicator does not show unless you press +/- once to enable it.

Am I hearing that this corrects this behavior? Would absolutely love that.

And while we're on the subject..any way to set the nav to show the FULL map view rather than home screen at startup automatically? And I can't manage to get the small USB2 artist/track indicator to not default to just saying "Track 1 of 234290328" each time I start it either. I'm guessing these last two are not configurable...think I've looked about everywhere.

Honestly hate the fact that I have to push three extra buttons to set things up how I really want them each time I get in.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to turn my gear indicator on (by pressing + or -) each time I shift into D if I want to see it.

If I put it in N, the indicator turns off.

If I put it back in D, the indicator WILL NOT turn on unless I press +/- again.

Starting it up and putting it in D, same thing: gear indicator does not show unless you press +/- once to enable it.
My truck does NOT behave this way. My gear indicator is on once I enabled it the very first time. I can turn it off and on at will and whatever I leave it on, it will be there the next time I start the truck.

And while we're on the subject..any way to set the nav to show the FULL map view rather than home screen at startup automatically?
Not that I know of. I have to hit the map button each time.

And I can't manage to get the small USB2 artist/track indicator to not default to just saying "Track 1 of 234290328" each time I start it either. I'm guessing these last two are not configurable...think I've looked about everywhere.
All I know on this, is that you press that area of the screen and it should switch between two displays, the one you're refrencing above and the one where it displays track/artist information. Again, mine stays to what I set it as.