Tsb 11-7-20 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to turn my gear indicator on (by pressing + or -) each time I shift into D if I want to see it.

If I put it in N, the indicator turns off.

If I put it back in D, the indicator WILL NOT turn on unless I press +/- again.

Starting it up and putting it in D, same thing: gear indicator does not show unless you press +/- once to enable it.

Am I hearing that this corrects this behavior?

Very likely, yes. Seems there was one, maybe two, programming updates after my Raptor left Dearborn in early March.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just tested this all this morning in my truck, built on 4/21/11.

When in drive, I'll see all the gear indicators. If I press "+", they go away. If I press "+" again, they return.

If they are displayed and I take the transmission out of "D", they go away. When I enter "D", they return. When they're not displayed and I take the transmission out of "D", they aren't there anyway and when I enter "D", they are not there.

Also, when they're displayed, only the "+" will cause them to not be displayed. When they are NOT displayed, either "+" or "-" will cause them to be displayed.

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yeah, it comes back on when in "D". It's always on in "D" unless you hit the "+". All the 2011 Raptors I've ever been in, including one that was a super early build that still has "the clunk", all act exactly as mine does.

Dunno what's wrong with yours or your brothers truck.

Nothing is wrong with their trucks. The software update changes things so 1 2 3 4 5 6 always display when in drive. Before the software update mine wouldn't show until you kicked it in manual mode.

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The software update changes things so 1 2 3 4 5 6 always display when in drive. Before the software update mine wouldn't show until you kicked it in manual mode.

Did your dealers service writer need a specific performance concern to install the update under warranty?

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your dealers service writer need a specific performance concern to install the update under warranty?

Don't know, I took it in for the rough idle on cold start and aggressive shift from 1st to 2nd. The software update reduced the rough idle issue a bit, it's still not perfect though.

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know, I took it in for the rough idle on cold start and aggressive shift from 1st to 2nd. The software update reduced the rough idle issue a bit, it's still not perfect though.

About how many miles back was your Raptor updated?

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in June, maybe 2500miles since.

Might have been updated under TSB 11-4-13 which was replaced by TSB 11-7-20 according to the info posted by ruffstuff and pirate air. FoMoCo "might" have issued a second programming update for the 2011 F150s?

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might have been updated under TSB 11-4-13 which was replaced by TSB 11-7-20 according to the info posted by ruffstuff and pirate air. FoMoCo "might" have issued a second programming update for the 2011 F150s?

I'll ask for it when I get my next oil change.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its the memory feature in the productivity screen if you set it to memory on it brings up stuff you had on the screen everytime you start it. So if you have the gear indicator turned on it will leave it on. Try it out I dont think it has anything to do with any updates.