Tsb 11-7-20 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be able to find/post a pdf of this bulletin? I think it applies to 2011s built before 4/01 and concerns an ecu flash update.

Thanks!

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... would love to hear more about this...

My brother loaned me his late May built SCrew while my early March built was stuck in the mud, lol. His gear display stays on without having to tap + or - on the shifter and I was curious about why the difference.

Apparently, that's one of the things the ecu update provides. Might also smooth some downshifts.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My brother loaned me his late May built SCrew while my early March built was stuck in the mud, lol. His gear display stays on without having to tap + or - on the shifter and I was curious about why the difference.

Apparently, that's one of the things the ecu update provides. Might also smooth some downshifts.

If you want the gear display to stay on while driving in "D" mode, hit the "-" on the selector switch on the gearshift. Also, you can limit the gears that it will go through doing the same method. But if you're in "D" and do not see the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 going vertically along side the 4.2" LCD productivity screen, tap the "-". That should bring it on and stay on.

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want the gear display to stay on while driving in "D" mode, hit the "-" on the selector switch on the gearshift. Also, you can limit the gears that it will go through doing the same method. But if you're in "D" and do not see the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 going vertically along side the 4.2" LCD productivity screen, tap the "-". That should bring it on and stay on.

Thanks, I'll try that. Usually I put it in N at a stop and the gear display drops off. My brothers' gear display shows by default at ignition and stays on.

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1280-tsb11-07-20-pcm-version-upgrade-page-1.jpg

1281-tsb11-07-20-pcm-version-upgrade-page-2.jpg

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSB
11-7-20 MIL ON WITH DTC P0711, P2610, P0171, P0172, P0174, P0175, P2111 OR P2112 - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 4/1/2011

FORD: 2011 F-150

This article supersedes TSB 11-4-13 to update the Title and Issue Statement to include additional DTCs.

ISSUE:
Some 2011 F-150 vehicles built on or before 4/1/2011 may exhibit a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illuminated with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0711, P2610, P2111 or P2112. Additionally, flex fuel capable engines 3.7L and 5.0L may exhibit a hard start in cold ambient temperatures less than 10° C (50° F) when using flex fuel, or may exhibit a MIL illuminated with DTCs P0171, P0172, P0174 or P0175 after a fueling event.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 72.02 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.3 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at Buy Motorcraft Parts Online | Official Motorcraft Auto Parts Site | FordParts.com.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

The calibration update contains improvement actions and enhancements to address the following by engine configuration:

3.5L Ecoboost Engine:

Improved Idle Stability Calibration
Improved Calibration to prevent False P0711 DTC
Improved Calibration to prevent False P2610 DTC
3.7L Engine:

Improved Flex Fuel Calculation after Refueling Event to prevent False P0171, P0172, P0174, P0175 DTC
Improved Cold Start Calibration when using E-85 Ethanol or mixture of Flex Fuel in cold ambient temperatures less than 10° C (50° F).
5.0L Engine:

Improved Flex Fuel Calculation after Refueling Event to prevent False P0171, P0172, P0174, P0175 DTC
Improved Cold Start Calibration when using E-85 Ethanol or mixture of Flex Fuel in cold ambient temperatures less than 10° C (50° F).
Improved Calibration to prevent False P2111/P2112 DTC
6.2L Engine:

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
110720A 2011 F-150: Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.4 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
recalem 04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.

Copyright © 2011 Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! My Raptor has a cold start hesitation in the lower gears, like pullling out of a parking lot or the driveway. Might be enough to start a conversation with the service manager.

Has anyone done this update on their Raptor or a customers F150?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that. Usually I put it in N at a stop and the gear display drops off. My brothers' gear display shows by default at ignition and stays on.

I routinely go to neutral on long lights and my gear indicator shuts off... If his stays on, then I'd say his truck is bunk and not yours. You do mean the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 when you say "gear display" and not the P, R, N, D, M, 2, 1, right? Those are always on on my truck. The 1-6 are only when I am in "D".