TRX to 2022 Raptor (Atlas Blue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M60gunr

Reaction score
Hello from Colorado! Just picked up this 2022 Atlas Blue 800A. Worked with Phil Long Ford here which was great and followed through with their promise of msrp (originally ordered a Velocity Blue 2021 in September, was resubmitted as a 2022). I think I got it relatively quickly because the only options were the beadlocks, Torsen, and spray in bed liner.

Previously had a 2022 TRX that I loved and had full intention of keeping, until a local dealer offered me $80k for it (last I checked they had it listed on their website for $99k). The TRX was a bare base model but I loved it, acceleration was unreal and I don’t expect the Raptor to compete in that area (I had a 2018 Raptor for a few years so I’m familiar with the engine).

Only about 60 miles on the Raptor so far, and initial impressions are much better than the gen 2. I had the cam phaser issue on my 2018 which was a major reason for selling it. I’ll update as I put more miles on this one. I am at 8000ft so I am expecting decreased performance due to that.

View attachment 335858

View attachment 335859
Nice Rig! How long did you wait for the arrival of your TRX once ordered? Was Dodge any faster than Ford?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The length people go to justify their position is mind boggling. Yes hellcat engine isn’t necessarily superior to a 3.5 with 250 less horsepower, the same as your 180 pound gf isn’t necessarily fatter than Gisele.
This is the not superior hellcat engine doing 3.9 sec to 60 with 4 guys (~800lb load) in the truck. Stock.. please stop with the equivalency nonsense.
I’m just not that into it, it’s got an FE block & am not a huge Mopar guy….I prefer GMs V8s, I’d take a wrangler 392 over a TRX. I’d take a hellcat over a TRX….making the TRX what it is really pulls away from some of the normal attributes of a trucks advantages. At any rate- I also prefer the HO3.5 over Fords 5.0 too, this isn’t “lengths to justify guy” - do some damn research. Truck weighs 7-800 lbs less. The Gen3 stock is putting down massive TQ #s, the engines for forged guts & plenty of people have already hit triple digits on these things w/ aggressive tunes.

Are the Nissan GT-R or Ford GT inferior to a hellcat too? Or a vette? Or a GT500? Gtfoh lol

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
This is the not superior hellcat engine doing 3.9 sec to 60 with 4 guys (~800lb load) in the truck. Stock.. please stop with the equivalency nonsense.

Well, my ecoboost did 0-60 in "don't really know" with 2 topless chicks hanging out the sunroof once.

Did you and your buddies high five each other?

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't really agree that the engines

I could probably have gotten more, but I only paid $66k for the TRX (ordered out of state). Who gave you that for the raptor, are you in CO as well?
A broker out of Dallas.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 non-37inch in Sept with them and still no VIN.

Which Phil long did you use? They have been telling me for a few months that my VIN is coming “any day now” …. All but given up and at the point I’ll never buy a Ford!
Yes the raptor allocation, lightning allocations with dealers adding 10k ADM. And Bronco debacle have left a bad taste in my mouth

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a damn off roader truck who cares about 3.9 sec 0-60. If I want speed I’ll drive my 992 turbo s tuned 900hp. If I wanted raw race car I’d drive my 991 gt3 rs.

A raptor is a good off-roader daily for me. I’m happy with with 400 or whatever hp it has.
You do realize trophy trucks have over 1000 hp and are damn off roader trucks right?

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering a TRX also. Ive had a Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody (what a name) and I sold it quickly. I could have had the TRX in 8-12 weeks with no problem & 10k under MSRP.

Numbers are fun but there is no way to enjoy yourself on the street, not to mention every vehicle on the road wants to "race" you. I think the TRX would have been fine with a RWD and 4Auto/4WD; however its essentially AWD from what I've read. Due to the mass I think a Redeye engine with stronger internals with a standard Hellcat blower would have made this a better platform with more longevity and easier to mod.

I also realized I am a Ford guy after trading my 2021 F-150 in on a 2022 Ram 2500 because my free Sirius XM trial was going to expire on the F-150. So I will get my Raptor sometime.

sausage416

Reaction score
Probably I couldn't stop jerking off to all your Porsches you felt the need to tell us about
Just like the need to post about 6000ibs truck with LOTS of power that’s really fast?

My point was I use a specific tool base on my needs, but if you feel insecure about my Porsche’s, then I can’t help you there bud. There will always be someone richer, faster, better looking ect ect. Anyway enjoy your truck.