Truck stalled and now won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Penny

Reaction score
So last night I was driving home and all of a sudden I lost power to the truck. It won’t accelerate so I pulled over and shut it off. Now it won’t start. It won’t even turn over. Code read p1636 and u0422. Tried to jump it, nope. Fuse 27 has been done. Checked it anyways and still good. Tried auto start and it would turn over a few times but that’s it. Not sure where else to look before I take it to the stealership and get *****. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and see if it starts after that. I didn't look up those codes and I'm guessing you don't have forscan either. It might of went into limp mode. Did you not get the check engine light flashing?

OP
OP
P

Penny

Reaction score
No forscan. I saw the check engine lights on and it stutter. First codes were saying throttle control. Got it home ans tried it again. This time those two codes are on. Tested battery and it’s still good. Just removed it now and going to let it sit for while and see what happened.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the first code says the pcm is dead. that might be an expensive problem. but then again, my truck did the same thing and turned out my cylinder 5 destroyed itself. maybe check to see if you can turn the crank to make sure the motor didnt seize?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it does start again and it makes any wierd noises, shut it down and get a good mechanic to check it out.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you tried to boost it with another vehicle? Check for corrosion on the starter cable as well.