GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been at the rail yard for 8 days now ... No movement. My ETA was 1/3 - 1/9 ... Today's the 10th, and still sitting at the rail yard roughly 100 miles from my dealer.

Jack Cooper Trucking (JCT) isn't helping much. That is who is scheduled to drive it the 100 miles.

From what I remember, it takes a bit of time to get them from the rail yard because there is only one spot a raptor can go on the car trailer and that's the top rear. If it's not available, the Raptor sits. You also won't be able to pick it up when it gets to the dealership. They have to look it over, wash it, put their stickers all over it, and maybe do a video or two.

Last edited:

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I remember, it takes a bit of time to get them from the rail yard because there is only one spot a raptor can go on the car trailer and that's the top rear. If it's not available, the Raptor sits. You also won't be able to pick it up when it gets to the dealership. They have to look it over, wash it, put their stickers all over it, and maybe do a video or two.

This would make sense ... Except, my dealer contacted JCT and JCT said they were waiting on a 2nd raptor for the same dealership.

That other raptor arrived in the rail yard 1/8 and it now sits along with mine waiting for a ride. So ~ My dealer now has (2) Raptors sitting at a rail yard 100 miles from them with no idea when they will be picked up. My ETA has come and gone, and all FP and FS can tell me is that its in the hands of JCT.

I won't be able to pick it up for a good 48 hours after its delivered to the dealership as I'm a few states away. But ~ I have to make sure its on a truck before I start heading there :)

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well talked to my local Ford dealer today (good guys by the way) and they cannot even get another 17 so the demand for these is definitely driving the price. Owner told me he could promise me an 18 with a nice deposit but price is not even able to be discussed. I am very happy with my gen 1 and just got happier. Told him to let me know when they hype dies down and they actually need to sell one as not interested in this nonsense going on.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember going through the same thing. Rest assured, it will be perfect when you pick it up. Did you see my other post? What did you pay in relation to MSRP?

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks like "Top Rear" is incorrect. Atleast for Gen 2's.

15940528_1454396311239748_3237604237182737971_n.jpg

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like "Top Rear" is incorrect. Atleast for Gen 2's.

Nice find. It's possible it could have been top front. It was five years ago. It's also possible it was all BS.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Well talked to my local Ford dealer today (good guys by the way) and they cannot even get another 17 so the demand for these is definitely driving the price. Owner told me he could promise me an 18 with a nice deposit but price is not even able to be discussed. I am very happy with my gen 1 and just got happier. Told him to let me know when they hype dies down and they actually need to sell one as not interested in this nonsense going on.

I agree 100%. I just thought I'd check around. It's a good idea to wait a bit for more than one reason.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know if it means anything significant or not but ...

My window sticker is back

The truck once again shows up on Ford’s build and price search tool.

maybe soon...

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know if it means anything significant or not but ...

My window sticker is back

The truck once again shows up on Ford’s build and price search tool.

maybe soon...

My window sticker disappeared for about a half a day and returned the next day. My truck was already in transit at the time and still is in transit.

Viss17

Reaction score
Just joined the forum today after FINALLY receiving my 2017 white screw. I didn't have the first generation but this vehicle is amazing. Love everything about it so far. Ordered it end of July and paid msrp. Mine does have the upgraded beadlock capable wheels as well.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Just joined the forum today after FINALLY receiving my 2017 white screw. I didn't have the first generation but this vehicle is amazing. Love everything about it so far. Ordered it end of July and paid msrp. Mine does have the upgraded beadlock capable wheels as well.

Congrats and welcome...:cheers: