GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ I second this 03'Darin. (And thanks in advance.)

We didn't show any commodity restrictions this week. Both of my last two orders have the bead lock wheels. When it's our turn for our next unit to get pulled if there are any restrictions I'll get a text or call from my rep. I'll try and keep an eye out on the commodity sheet each week to see if anything shows up.

Dealers wouldn't make that up BTW. The only reason they would call and ask you to remove or change an option would be if they were contacted by their rep and told it's delaying scheduling of a unit.

I did get a call a while back asking if my 4th allocation would remove the CF to get his truck sooner. That customer doesn't want his truck sooner so it wasn't an issue. I did ask her if the truck would still get built if I left the CF on it and was told, "yes". They were trying to make sure they could fill the retail orders for the end of the year.

baja714

Reaction score
We didn't show any commodity restrictions this week. Both of my last two orders have the bead lock wheels. When it's our turn for our next unit to get pulled if there are any restrictions I'll get a text or call from my rep. I'll try and keep an eye out on the commodity sheet each week to see if anything shows up.

Dealers wouldn't make that up BTW. The only reason they would call and ask you to remove or change an option would be if they were contacted by their rep and told it's delaying scheduling of a unit.

I did get a call a while back asking if my 4th allocation would remove the CF to get his truck sooner. That customer doesn't want his truck sooner so it wasn't an issue. I did ask her if the truck would still get built if I left the CF on it and was told, "yes". They were trying to make sure they could fill the retail orders for the end of the year.

Good to know thanks Darin. He didnt mention that my order was ready to be pulled if I took off the beadlocks (I am supposedly next in line though), but here is the email that he sent over this morning:

Good Morning,

I have just hung up the phone from our ordering guy. He stated that they rec'd a memo from Ford advising that Wheel Pkg 64D was having a supply issue and that current orders containing the wheels would be put aside and filled when they had the product. Ford is asking dealers to change back to original wheels if they do not wish to wait. Your order includes the 64D Wheel Pkg. So I need to know what you would like to do. Do you want to wait to see if they can fulfill the orders or do you wish to change them back to original? Please advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

maybe that means that there are no commodity restraints for trucks being built this week, but maybe they are running low. And orders being pulled at this point probably wouldnt have a build date until late feb/early march and they are anticipitaing on being low at that time period.

2SVT'S

Reaction score
I know the 2017's are just arriving, but is it too early to order a 2018? lol. Deployed until mid summer and want to get my 2018 order in early. Has anyone has success at getting near invoice with the 2017's?

If you plan to use MAS they are about 3k under MSRP for the Raptor, that's about the best you are going to get one for at this point. You should be able to order a 17 now if there are any allocations left with MAS (31 total). I would assume 18's won't be available for order until next fall.

Dryhole

Reaction score
My build week is next week and I had my dealer call his regional rep yesterday. Rep says the is NOT a hold on the bead lock wheels for next week builds. My dealer confirms this as an R would appear on the option listed for bead locks for my truck. No R as of yesterday. But my dealer has also emailed the person who is the head of production in an effort to verify what he has been told by the regional rep. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about the ford ordering system! If you have any questions please pm me, Mark in Oklahoma

RaeGun

Reaction score
After nearly 5 months of waiting having put in my order on July 26 and after peeling off first the carbon fiber package and then beadlocks just this week, my order has finally been pulled. My build week is set for January 9.

...and the angels sang.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After nearly 5 months of waiting having put in my order on July 26 and after peeling off first the carbon fiber package and then beadlocks just this week, my order has finally been pulled. My build week is set for January 9.

...and the angels sang.

I ordered around the same day. Contacted October 28 to remove CF, I declined. Contacted this week to remove beadlocks, which I reluctantly did but I do have CF. Did you get CF back on your build?

RaeGun

Reaction score
No, I decided not to add back the CF even though its been reported on this forum that it is no longer holding up orders. I just wanted my truck built and did want to delay further. I have the color accent package so there will be enough "going on" in the interior anyways.

CalPirate

Reaction score
Just talked with my dealer today and he confirmed the hold on all the trucks. He was told it's a transmission issue, a computer chip of some sort. Also the factory closes next Wednesday for the holidays. My delivery date was supposed to be dec 17 - now prob after the first of the year.

Last edited: