GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just called Ford Performance for the first time ever for an update(10/27 build date), she stated the following status:

December 7th - Shipping

then updated to

December 11th - Dearborn Plant for Assembly.

She had no idea what that meant and neither do I. Has anyone else had this and can explain?

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just called Ford Performance for the first time ever for an update(10/27 build date), she stated the following status:

December 7th - Shipping

then updated to

December 11th - Dearborn Plant for Assembly.

She had no idea what that meant and neither do I. Has anyone else had this and can explain?

I'm sure if you've done ANY reading you've heard about the upfitting/corrections they've done to these early built trucks... Assume that meant yours was going back for more...but who really knows...this whole raptor release has been ridiculous.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure if you've done ANY reading you've heard about the upfitting/corrections they've done to these early built trucks... Assume that meant yours was going back for more...but who really knows...this whole raptor release has been ridiculous.

Been reading quite a bit, I just though all upfits were being done offsite and not at Dearborn plant. I may have misread. I was keeping fingers crossed for before year-end delivery. I will uncross my fingers and relax. Glad I didnt trade in my 2011 Raptor and decided to sell it after I received the Gen2.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been reading quite a bit, I just though all upfits were being done offsite and not at Dearborn plant. I may have misread. I was keeping fingers crossed for before year-end delivery. I will uncross my fingers and relax. Glad I didnt trade in my 2011 Raptor and decided to sell it after I received the Gen2.

I think the having to relax sentiment is pretty common around here...So many of us have been waiting a long time. There are still july orders have haven't been scheduled! That said, I'm with you - I almost sold my 04 cummins ram a few months ago, and thankfully I also decided to wait until the raptor shows up...187k miles and rusty...but better than the nothing I'm still driving from Ford! ;)