GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmarko

Reaction score
You and me both....
Except for a 6 day difference im in the same exact boat man. WTF

Me too. order accepted 7/26. unscheduled clean the last 10 weeks that I have checked.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

I'm so tired of waiting now I'm tired of thinking about because it only leads back to biotching about it all over again. I think when I pick it up it's gonna be like oh finally? The excitement got lost in the waiting game. Lol

Agreed!

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I really hope Ford is smart enough to make all the raptors sitting in the lots top priority to get fixed and shipped out.

Kind of like hoping Ford would build trucks in the order that they received deposits/orders.... I ordered 7/26...still no build date.

kyuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been unscheduled clean for 2 months and I ordered it mid july.
If mine isn't scheduled next week, im just going to cancel it and move on. I'd of done it a month ago but I hate to do it to the dealer, they've been good to work with, I'll just tell them the wife will buy something else, non Ford from them.

Brutal. I would have lost my patience at this point as well.

CalPirate

Reaction score
My understanding is that you could place your order with the dealships as far back June/July but the order banks didn't open until later September. Meaning that the dealers couldn't submit or ford was accepting the orders until the banks were open.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah me to. Plus hopefully a local dealer will get some soon so I can actually see the truck. I ordered Shadow Black in early-mid October I think, but recently started thinking about Oxford White and just changed to that the other day. Would like to see Black and White on the lot so I know which I like better and still have time to make the change. Also been considering the orange accents would be nice to see the difference in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was debating on the same two colors and went with Oxford White. Both colors are great, but I really like the contrast of the bright white against all of the black trim pieces. In addition, white hides many paint imperfections (scratches, swirls) that are very easy to see on a black truck.

Kathoga

Reaction score
Hi new here to the forum... I am very interested in a 2017 Raptor fully loaded. I priced one out online at $70,000. It seems the dealers that I talked to locally here all want $5 to $10K over MSRP for this truck. Now to me that is insane but I am sure people will pay $80K for a truck + tax.
Is dealer markup going to be a given on this vehicle or can I expect for every dealership that is selling over MSRP that there will be one at MSRP somewhere?
I know all about allocations as I purchased a 2015 Corvette Z51 and was told 7K over MSRP and would have to wait 6 months to take delivery for their allocation to get filled... SO I ordered the car from out of state from the largest dealership in the US at MSRP and had it in a month.
After all the hype died down 6-12 months later and corvettes were under MSRP.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi new here to the forum... I am very interested in a 2017 Raptor fully loaded. I priced one out online at $70,000. It seems the dealers that I talked to locally here all want $5 to $10K over MSRP for this truck. Now to me that is insane but I am sure people will pay $80K for a truck + tax.
Is dealer markup going to be a given on this vehicle or can I expect for every dealership that is selling over MSRP that there will be one at MSRP somewhere?
I know all about allocations as I purchased a 2015 Corvette Z51 and was told 7K over MSRP and would have to wait 6 months to take delivery for their allocation to get filled... SO I ordered the car from out of state from the largest dealership in the US at MSRP and had it in a month.
After all the hype died down 6-12 months later and corvettes were under MSRP.

Welcome.

You can find MSRP if you are look. My dealer wanted $3k ADM and I haggled a bit and got MSRP. There are still dealers with allocations and some may be willing to not charge ADM. Be patient and don't be afraid to make a lot of phone calls. Good luck.

baja714

Reaction score
I was debating on the same two colors and went with Oxford White. Both colors are great, but I really like the contrast of the bright white against all of the black trim pieces. In addition, white hides many paint imperfections (scratches, swirls) that are very easy to see on a black truck.

Good to know Im not alone haha. I have a black 07 Titan i bought new about 10 years ago now. Ive only owned black and white. But man Ive noticed myself looking at all black and white cars/trucks on the road while driving the past 2 days or so thinkin the white shows dirt real fast, then thinkin the black looks better in certain light and vice versa. One thing Ive taken into consideration, living in socal and making some trips to AZ, you need AC anything over 60 degrees in the sun. so you may save some MPG with white. Also, white may save on engine temps, i doubt as much to make more hp/better perf, but a few degrees most likely. i dunno...I dont think you cant go wrong either way. Both are sexy AF. Well see if I end up going back to black I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk