Truck died after going to the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your trouble! Some dealership mechanics can't be trusted, often not because they are incompetent, but more so because they get complacent with the daily routines.

I actually had a guy tell me one time that he was able to replace the torque converter seal without removing the transmission from the truck. Needless to say, I had quite the conversation with the service manager...lol

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford really needs to bring back the SVT program!

Luckily I was able to find who the former SVT Dealer use to be and the same techs were still there.
Only the highest rated techs could apply for the SVT CERT. And had direct contact with the SVT engineers.

Now any shmoo can touch your truck. I have to drive past three dealership to get to mine but it's worth it.

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh no trey that's ****** I'm having flashbacks from last year just before the TRR you were having problems with the truck NOT AGAIN! From what you were describing with the gauges and getting all those lights like the wrench and stuff my truck does that Sam thing when im loading a new tune on the truck maybe the wire harness they put on made everything go wacko. Well hope it gets fixed man good luck buddy!

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Wiring harness didn't get plugged back in right.

But now its throwing a code for the left (Driver) rear wheel speed sensor. They said it looks damaged. Which I know, its been beat up for 2 years. And say that it had to be acting up before you brought it in. It wasn't acting up. No hill descent fault, or anything like that.

Shit I just realized thats where the tow truck driver hooked the back up...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I figured it was a sensor or a connection. Glad they got that problem solved. Hope they can get the speed sensor fixed, too.