Trr 2016 carnage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some may find a thread like this in bad taste, but it is very useful for others who want to know where the soft spots are, and be preemptive in reinforcing them.
Lots of good information came out of the last few large events.
So please post up your misfortune so that others might learn, mechanical whoopsies or otherwise !

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought what happens at TRR stays at TRR

That's probably more in regards to poor social decisions !

I was mostly curious if there was an increasing failure rate on axles as setups became more serious ?
Also I had read a comment on the facebook page about a similar failure happening on several baja kits front ends ?
Both of those apply to me directly, and the mode of failure will help me avoid having issues.

D

Deleted member 12951

That's probably more in regards to poor social decisions !

I was mostly curious if there was an increasing failure rate on axles as setups became more serious ?
Also I had read a comment on the facebook page about a similar failure happening on several baja kits front ends ?
Both of those apply to me directly, and the mode of failure will help me avoid having issues.

I am no expert but from what I saw (rode with one guy), both LT Baja Kits broke at Baja Kits work (both customer welds to the frame held) on their boxed flat metal design above the UCA and below the upper shock mounts. One with the engine cage and one without. Pushed the upper box into the engine covers. Both trucks went out of commission for the rest of the event. There was a 3rd on a rear setup failure from what I understand but I did not see it nor heard much about it. Again, I am no authority to speak of any details of the matter.