Trip to Suburbia and back yesterday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told the family my limit is $1000 or will have to put down. But I’m sure if push comes to shove I’d be dolling out $5k if wife and kids have their say. Plus my Dane is pretty attached to me, so one look from him and I’d be pulling out my wallet just like you did.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I told the family my limit is $1000 or will have to put down. But I’m sure if push comes to shove I’d be dolling out $5k if wife and kids have their say. Plus my Dane is pretty attached to me, so one look from him and I’d be pulling out my wallet just like you did.
Yeah, trust me, I now know where the term "Puppy Dog Eyes" comes from. Turns any strong willed man to melted butter.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad it sounds like your dog will be OK. A long time ago I had a really large Doberman that bit my wrist so hard, it fractured it. He had fallen over backwards while we were playing pretty rough with each other, and broke it's rear leg. The only reason I wasn't really badly hurt was because it was in the 70's when I was wearing a big, wide, heavy leather watch band, a flannel shirt, and a jean jacket. He put teeth marks through everything! I made the mistake of immediately bending down to him when he broke it. I don't think he even knew he bit me.

I love the mountain pics, looks like an awesome area. Is that western BC?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad it sounds like your dog will be OK. A long time ago I had a really large Doberman that bit my wrist so hard, it fractured it. He had fallen over backwards while we were playing pretty rough with each other, and broke it's rear leg. The only reason I wasn't really badly hurt was because it was in the 70's when I was wearing a big, wide, heavy leather watch band, a flannel shirt, and a jean jacket. He put teeth marks through everything! I made the mistake of immediately bending down to him when he broke it. I don't think he even knew he bit me.

I love the mountain pics, looks like an awesome area. Is that western BC?
Yes sir, that.s the southwest area of BC, most pictures were taken around Merritt and Hope, BC. They call this area of the highway "Highway thru Hell", there's a TV show about this area.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You live around that mess?
I lived on the south coast for years, when I bought this house up here in the okanagan a few years ago, I was always travelling that highway on weekends. You ALWAYS filled up with fuel and snacks in Hope before you drove into the mountains in the winter months, every single time there are accidents and road closures. You always tried to leave earlier than most people for the weekend so you would miss most of the weekend travelers. Most problems were the semi drivers not putting chains on to get up some of the notorious steep hills even though they were required too. The first major steep hill is called Boxcar Hill and to put it in perspective for Raptor owners, the truck gears down to 3rd gear and about 5000 rpm to sustain enough speed to stay at 60 mph going up, semi's loaded or not are just creeping up that hill, even in the summer months and so many vehicles towing trailers are overheated on the side of the road because they are stupid mf'rs and overheat their transmissions. I have seen too many accidents on this highway, lots of deaths, this is why it's called Highway thru Hell. You go thru Hell trying to get anywhere, lol. On a side note, the Raptor just plows through deep snow on these mountain roads, it is without a doubt the best vehicle for making it thru Hell.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir, that.s the southwest area of BC, most pictures were taken around Merritt and Hope, BC. They call this area of the highway "Highway thru Hell", there's a TV show about this area.
I've watched quite a few of those episodes. Looks like it really gets tough there at times.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score