Trip to Suburbia and back yesterday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Letterkenny quote about your dog.

Fan of both by the way
Back story of her, she is still recovering from a shattered femer, cost me $7500 so far in surgery and rehab, could of got a whipper supercharger for my truck, so now I’m very protective of her, don’t let her run off too far anymore, she’s been different since the surgery anyway, joined to me at the hip these days.43A7E86E-E383-4C47-81E7-03887EB08A5A.jpeg

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back story of her, she is still recovering from a shattered femer, cost me $7500 so far in surgery and rehab, could of got a whipper supercharger for my truck, so now I’m very protective of her, don’t let her run off too far anymore, she’s been different since the surgery anyway, joined to me at the hip these days.View attachment 315782
Poor girl, she is very pretty.
Our German shepherd has a partially torn ACL. We are hoping rest and PRP treatment will heal it.

Vet said low to no activity for her. I question that she understands the high drive of a dog like that. Our girl will do a bucking bronco if you just look at her when we don’t exercise her.

WHBD

Reaction score
Back story of her, she is still recovering from a shattered femer, cost me $7500 so far in surgery and rehab, could of got a whipper supercharger for my truck, so now I’m very protective of her, don’t let her run off too far anymore, she’s been different since the surgery anyway, joined to me at the hip these days.View attachment 315782
I have a female mal as well. She does great in the raptor on long trips. She is the first dog that I would ever consider spending that kind of money on.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Poor girl, she is very pretty.
Our German shepherd has a partially torn ACL. We are hoping rest and PRP treatment will heal it.

Vet said low to no activity for her. I question that she understands the high drive of a dog like that. Our girl will do a bucking bronco if you just look at her when we don’t exercise her.
German shepherds are great dogs, I was looking for one, when I ended up rescuing this one last year.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dizzam....what had happend was? I know we spend whatever on our buddies, I spent almost 4K on my little guys eye. It got stabbed with a limb or claw, i dunno what, and it turned gray and it was either surgery or lose it. Needless to say He can see out of both eyes.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dizzam....what had happend was? I know we spend whatever on our buddies, I spent almost 4K on my little guys eye. It got stabbed with a limb or claw, i dunno what, and it turned gray and it was either surgery or lose it. Needless to say He can see out of both eyes.
There is a special bond between a dog and his owner especially when you find a good one, I’ve had a few dogs over the years, but she is the best member to the family by far. We were off-roading on forest service roads in the mountains and she was running free as usual, chasing whatever she can, she bounces like a deer (or did) when she sees something like a squirrel or a bird, well she jumped over these boulders and fell off a cliff onto some rocks below, by the sound of her cries I could tell it wasn’t good. I crawled down there and she was so scared she was biting my hands as I was trying to pick her up, never felt a thing. Anyway that’s was the fastest I ever drove those back roads to the vet hospital. At that time I didn’t even think she was going to make it, I didn’t know if I should put her out of her misery or not. The vet hospital said they couldn’t do anything for her and she would need to go an hour away to a better equipped facility. So just like a human they transported her to another hospital and they demanded $4000 upfront, yup, whatever. Surgeon phoned me after a few hours and said they can’t do surgery for a couple days because she has a punctured lung and can’t put her under or something like that until that healed enough. Anyway, my longest post yet, lol, after 3 months she will never be going off-roading again, now she swims in the lake everyday and goes on hikes, she looks like she will make a full recovery, which I never would of believed when this happened.