Tree Stump Pulling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is 4A or 4L the better mode for getting the most torque and power to pull on a tree stump? Any tips or tricks or things to be aware of?

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about pulling a tree stump but 4L will give more torque and power than 4A.

Also, kinetic rope. I mean, a winch would do it in the safest and most controlled manner.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
you may want to air down based on terrain / available traction. I say 4L, and easy on the throttle. You’ve got a 5700 pound truck. Remember, you can only go “too far” once before it makes it to youtube infamy, so be careful.

Agree 100% with @FordTechOne, use a good strap and make sure you don’t wrap anything sharp or bend against anything that will strain the strap. Free as much of the dirt / roots as you can. If you’re on a farm, F* it and buy some tannerite and detonators, much more fun anyway. If you’re not on a farm... well... at least you get to use your Raptor.