Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Transmission shifting down violently

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by BC Sunset Texas, Apr 28, 2020.

1. BC Sunset Texas

BC Sunset Texas Member

Mine is still at the dealership and waiting to hear what they have come up with. Good to know about the shift solenoid.

2. Flash1034

Flash1034 Full Access Member

The only time I experienced a rough downshift was when on the freeway and hitting the gas the pass someone. When the transmission downshifted, it would slam into the lower gear. It’s only happened a couple of times but it does get your attention.

3. HOSSzBOSS

HOSSzBOSS Member

Happens to my 2011 on occasion when I mash the pedal to the floor and then let off abruptly... scares the sh*t out of me

4. Bowewelding

Bowewelding Full Access Member

mine has done that. Always down to 3rd though. Even have to upshift out of it in manual mode because it won't upshift its self

5. Bowewelding

Bowewelding Full Access Member

oh yeah and it's a 2017

6. RaptorDawgMatt

RaptorDawgMatt Member

I have a 17 (with 38k) and have experienced this at interstate speeds when downshifting from 9th to 8th. Just got the truck back from service. I had a slow transmission leak. Apparently these transmissions are very sensitive to fluid levels. My fluid level was low due to the leak. Once the leaks were replaced and the levels filled back to their specified levels I have not experienced the issue again. I will try to remember to report back if it crops up again.