GEN 1 Transmission pan drain plug how to.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESPcoatings

Reaction score
I'm going to install a drain plug in to my transmission pan (weld in a ****) and powder coat it before putting it back together. I was thinking about a how-to write up but figured I ask if it would even be of interest first. Anyone want me to do a step by step write up with pics or video? The parts came today but I won't be doing it for at least a few days.

EDIT* to add that all I said was "weld in a B. U. N. G." Wow.. I feel so safe from words.. whew.

Attachments

• 20221003_172839.jpg
    20221003_172839.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
ESPcoatings

ESPcoatings

Reaction score
Thatd be sweet but for a non welder like myself. its easier for me to buy a pan with a drain for under $60..
I think you can find them even cheaper than that tbh. I was tempted but I didn't like the designs. It's not even a big deal but the ones with the plug have the plug hole elevated from the bottom of the pan a little which (to my OCD brain) is a spot for crud to collect and not come out. The way I'll do it will be an improvement over that at least. It's really just a handy thing to know how to do in general, not that it's rocket surgery or anything. More just about adding a drain to anything than it is about the specific application in this case. I have had people ask about doing a write up for the powder coating and that's really more why I thought about doing a write up on it at all.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Definitely an improvement if in a better location. I wasn’t trying to stop you by any means lol. I just cant weld myself, but if i can talk my buddy into it id have him do it.

Ive wanted to learn to do powder coating for awhile, i just dont have the space to do it and only a small compressor. I also have a ceracoat/duracoat set up for small items but thats about it. Need to clean out the shed completely to make more room. Lol.

OP
OP
ESPcoatings

ESPcoatings

Reaction score
Definitely an improvement if in a better location. I wasn’t trying to stop you by any means lol. I just cant weld myself, but if i can talk my buddy into it id have him do it.

Ive wanted to learn to do powder coating for awhile, i just dont have the space to do it and only a small compressor. I also have a ceracoat/duracoat set up for small items but thats about it. Need to clean out the shed completely to make more room. Lol.
Believe me, I know what you're dealing with. I had to upgrade everything to be able to coat stuff. Compressor and all. It takes a beast to push a powerful sand blaster. I STILL need to clean out my barn more too. Haha

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score