Transmission issues…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I want to discuss this transmission that’s coming in our new Raptor Rs.

I’ve heard nothing but terrible things about the 10 speed transmission Ford has recently been putting out. I myself have had first-hand experience with this in my 2018 Ford expedition platinum. My transmission went out and had to be replaced at 40,000 miles. A coworker of mine with the same vehicle just had her transmission go out but around 30,000 miles. A person from my Church with the same exact vehicle is now having transmission issues and hers is a 2020 expedition platinum.

The transmission that comes in our new trucks is the exact same, correct?

Does anyone else have issues about this especially with so much increased horsepower and torque?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are a joke.
Consider what he’s saying instead of being so defensive.

Transmissions don’t just “go out”. That only shows that you don’t understand what you’re claiming. The 10R, like all previous Ford transmissions, is fully serviceable. It’s extremely rare to have a failure that requires the entire assembly to be replaced.

The R use the same transmission as the non-R, but with a few internal upgrades. There are multiple millions of these units in production across Ford and GM and products with zero issues.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are a joke.
I do joke a lot on here but I'm not the one spending 6 figures on a truck that I am questioning its durability.

Ford is in the 6th year of that trans, GM is in its fifth year, with several million of them being used on the road today, two ad hoc 'failures' do not make an issue.

What you should be asking is what Ford did to make it capable of handling the 640 ft/lb of TRQ in the R when the initial 1080R was rated for 590 ft/lb...FordtechOne hinted at upgraded internals. They probably looked at the mods from GM as their version was rated higher.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this transmission has nothing new now ! more than 6 years ???..
What were the problem you have hear about this ? What break down, what was wrong whith your transmission and the others ? We need more details to understand...
Same dealer ? May , he needs to replace parts to make money ???
keep cool guys, Op is called "forgiven"

Last edited: