Transmission issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParkCity06

Reaction score
I have a 2020, and I am having an intermittent issue where my transmission doesn't shift into high gears. For example, I entered the freeway the other day, and after getting up to speed, I realized I was stuck at 4000 RPMs and in 4th gear--nor did my gear indicator next to the gauge cluster show any gears higher than 4th.

I always have to cycle the gear selector into neutral, then back into Drive to get the transmission to start shifting correctly.

Anyone else have this issue?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2020, and I am having an intermittent issue where my transmission doesn't shift into high gears. For example, I entered the freeway the other day, and after getting up to speed, I realized I was stuck at 4000 RPMs and in 4th gear--nor did my gear indicator next to the gauge cluster show any gears higher than 4th.

I always have to cycle the gear selector into neutral, then back into Drive to get the transmission to start shifting correctly.

Anyone else have this issue?
That means you’ve locked out the higher gears. There are buttons on the shifter; if you press the (-) button inadvertently, you will decrease the gear range by 1 each time. When you shift to neutral and then back to drive, it defaults back to all 10 gears.

OP
OP
P

ParkCity06

Reaction score
That means you’ve locked out the higher gears. There are buttons on the shifter; if you press the (-) button inadvertently, you will decrease the gear range by 1 each time. When you shift to neutral and then back to drive, it defaults back to all 10 gears.
oh wow--haha--will check that out. thanks for this.