Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwkhd1

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have an issue with the transmission in my 2018 Raptor Supercab. I gassed up last night and when I restarted the truck,

it would not go into gear , tried drive, reverse , manual, nothing worked. I started and restarted several Times with the same results. I checked for error cores with my Accessport , none found. I reset TCM learning and restarted. It finally went into gear and operated fine . This is the second time this has happened . The first was about 4 months ago. I have the Cobb stage 2 93 octane with the Sport TCM tuning. Could this be caused by the tuning or some other factor ?

Thanks , Wayne

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First rule of thumb. When something unexplained happens, remove the tune and see if that solves the problem. Especially since It has happened twice now.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never had that issue, but when I had some work done to the truck, Ford updated the tranny and it shifted light years better and did not BANG into reverse or drive. Might be attached to a software issue. I would definitely remove the tune for now and contact COBB to see if this has been happening on a reoccuring basis with other gen2.

OP
OP
jwkhd1

jwkhd1

Reaction score
My 18 did that a couple of times. Had to power cycle the truck and let it sit for a min with all the electronics off. I was not tuned.
Thanks Donmatteo. What do you mean by"power cycle" I just sent a file to Cobb .Hopefully it's not the tuner.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Donmatteo. What do you mean by"power cycle" I just sent a file to Cobb .Hopefully it's not the tuner.
I turned off the truck, opened the door and then shut it. Waited for all the lights to go off and then power it back on.

All in all was about a min or so.

I knew that next to the shift level is a place to insert the key as well but by the time I looked it up in the manual. The truck reset.

my 19 hasn’t done it but the exact thing you posted happened to my stock 18.

honestly, I would doubt it’s the tune.