Train Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
currently in front of the i/c

You have 2x compressors rated at ... 20A IIRC, and they’re direct drive so pretty immediate. They’re also more powerful than the much ballyhooed Wolo direct drive - I tried them too. The Marco puts out a resounding 117db constant and peaks around 119db. The stock horn was pathetically powered at about 95db.

All in all, I’m satisfied with the Marcos, they’re a significant improvement over stock and instant on.

Did you mount the compressors and the horns all together in front of the i/c? I was really surprised once I started digging around under the truck at how little free room is left over, considering what a big ass truck it is! There's already 6 lbs in a 5 lb bag. I would have thought there would be room to burn.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Did you mount the compressors and the horns all together in front of the i/c?
negative. I pulled the grille and stacked the compressors next to the passenger headlight assembly.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! And you think I have issues.
well i mostly use it to run my impact driver. we host a lot of offroad events throughout the year so when someone breaks something or has a flat, we can fix on trail or back at camp. the horn part is just a bonus

IMG_20200624_122547.jpg

IMG_20200624_122624.jpg

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I used the Marco horns last night to shoo off some forest rats (deer).

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
I used the Marco horns last night to shoo off some forest rats (deer).

Been looking for a reasonable spot to mount some Hella horns but cant really find a spot I like. Care to share a pic of how you mounted your Marco's, sounds like they will be louder than quad Hella's (x2 supertone/x2 sharptone) like I was shooting for.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
There’s a post on here somewhere with a pic; basically, sideways in front of the intercooler.