Train Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s up to your personal preference, on my gen one I had the Klein, but replaced it with the hornblaster shocker xl horns, the actuator and horns cost about 330, it’s up to you how much more you want to spend on a tank and compressor setup, those can range from 150-1000 bucks, I’m getting ready to put one on my gen 2 now going with the shockers again, even though Klein has a bolt on kit it’s expensive and it doesn’t compare to the sound of the shockers

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
got any plan for how you’re going to mount the shocker trumpets?

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely I’m gonna fab up a simple bracket and mount them on the underside of the bed, it’s one of the only spots that looked like it had enough room and clearance, not a fan on bolting them to the frame, I’ve been super busy but when I get around to it I’ll keep you posted

smurfslayer

Reaction score
exactly. those things are YUUGE. You might be able to squeeze 2 around the bumper area, and the only other space I can see is at the skid plate.

sparkee13

Reaction score
I'm also interested in a horn, but I was wondering if there are any out there that are electronic as opposed to air? I haven't found anything yet that looked half decent...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Reaction score
No, direct drives top out at just under 120db. There are some annoying / piercing FIAMM’s and Stebel’s out there you could wire in but they sound like cr@p. The Marco from Amazon are about 118db, x 2 trumpets. They’re hard enough to fit.

Ironic that we have hard time fitting huge trumpets on a vehicle the size of the Raptor.

The Marco horns are loud and their compressor is louder by at least 2b than the “big” wolo direct drive. If there’s something out there not requiring a compressor and tank with more power, I’d look into it too.

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes the Klein looked good for the easy install, but they are pricey.

Don't get the kleinn kit.. I've been running it for 8 months. I've got the upgraded valves and they sound great when they work, but the location they used is SO FUGGIN STUPID. Mounted on the frame rail=junk constantly jamming up the diaphragm.

OP
OP
J

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of the hornblaster kits. Also where is the go to spot to install if you don't want to remove the spare.