Trailer Backup Assist Decals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Edwin

Edwin

Reaction score

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
Thank you MDJAK. I don't have a build thread. I bought my Raptor used and the hood was already wrapped. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but as time went by I really like the look of the black hood. It doesn't look like every other white Raptor. I'll probably wrap the roof next.

The truck is all stock except I Line-X'd the rear wheel wells and got rid of the factory wheels. These are the wheels:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/kmc-13779067712n/applications?prefilter=0&ibanner=SREPD2

I replaced the black inner trim rings with red ones. I also added a Retrax aluminum bed cover. I had the same cover on my 2016 Platinum F150.

Here's how it looked a few days after I bought it.

IMG_0339.jpg

PWil

Reaction score
And the dimensions of the sticker are, anyone? I want to print one as well so I can use All the features on my truck if I would like to.

OP
OP
Edwin

Edwin

Reaction score

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree with learning the "real way". Easier said than done when you're towing a shorter trailer that you can't see.

I've found the back up assist critical with our small sea-doo trailer. Our local boat launch is very narrow and requires a bit of precision. It is easy with my 18" boat, or in an SUV where you lift the tailgate with full view of the trailer.

In my raptor, you can't see the small trailer at all until it starts turning into view of the side mirrors...and by then with the narrow launch, it's too late and you have to reset.

The trailer assist works extremely well in this specific case. Line up the trailer with the launch, and the truck makes these micro-adjustments to track perfectly down the ramp.

Yes, I it's good to know how to manually to it....but it's also good to explore the capabilities of your truck and use all the tools in the toolbox when you need it.
I tow single or tandem jet skis & somewhat agree- they’re so light it’s more difficult to back up/maneuver w/ compared to a bigger heavier trailer- they move around a little unpredictably

However...not trying to be a hardo....but my advice? MAN UP bro! Back up into the boat ramp w/ some speed & also don’t be afraid to **** the wheel one way or the other & “muscle” the trailer into the direction you want by goosing throttle & doing some pseudo aggressive maneuvering. Otherwise they wanna wander on ya. It really helps to just “commit” & back up w/ a lil speed when a light trailer is attached, it’s when you start Nancy Boying around backing up like it’s a 10 ton crate of eggs instead of a 1000 lb toy trailer where you get the side to side wandering.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, your opinion, but again it's about using the tools you have available to get the job done. I guess if you can't drive a manual transmission,you shouldn't be driving at all.

With the tailgate down, you can see the ski. That makes things easier. When it's just the trailer, you can't.
If you can’t drive a manual you should only be concerned w/ never driving a motorcycle, a muscle car, a sports car, or having your ***** descend fully

other than that? Any vehicles on the table, including the 18 wheelers that now come w/ auto trannies that have resulted in the average truck driver skill bar dropped about 10 notches from a decade ago haha

edit- this site must be “woke” - trannies gets published fine... but b a l l s ? Guess that’s a cuss word?

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put the tailgate down and use your mirror. You can just turn and look out the rear window too. Done it a bunch of times. Watched some Mom try to back up an Expy with Seadoos with no success. Told her to pop the hatch so she could see the trailer turning before it went all sideways, and she had it in first time.
Careful with the tailgate down, depending on the trailer design you could more easily damage your truck with a jacknife since the angles you can let the trailer go to the sides is way reduced. Also the backup alarms will go bonkers and since the camera is now pointing down to the ground is also useless as tool to help you.

How about removable extended mirrors as annoption