Pro trailer back up assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsterman

Reaction score
My 2022 801A raptor that includes the tow technology package did not come with the “trailer sensor kit”. Does anyone know if it should have? Anyone who has used the pro trailer back up assist, what are your thoughts? Is it helpful? Is it worth it, or just back up a trailer the old fashioned way? If it matters I ordered a 16’ w/5’ V nose enclosed snowmobile trailer the raptor will tow. I appreciate any assistance offered.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know what a ‘22 is supposed to come with. My ‘18 came with a sticker kit.

I put a sticker on my 16’ open trailer. It worked when I was backing on a flat surface but not when backing on uneven ground.

Since much of my use involves uneven ground, backup assist didn’t work for me.

Either way you need to train yourself to backup…either with the camera and “joystick” on the dash or the “okd fashioned” way using your mirrors or looking over your shoulder.

For me the backup assist wasn’t any easier than old fashioned on a flat surface and didn’t work period when the trailer was on uneven ground.

I have no experience with the trailer mounted camera.