Traded My Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must admit that I enjoyed driving my 16 F150 XLT as much as my Raptor. I know it sounds crazy, but the XLT drove Great. Perfect balance of power, handling etc.

I’ve had Platinum 150 & 350’s, XLT an numerous others and the XLT was the best truck for the money.

Miss the cloth seats the most.

Ultimately I’ve Enjoyed them all!

Shaved Ice

Reaction score
I get it. I trade frequently also (37 vehicles owned in 35 years). I still own three of them. I have only traded down once due to priorities, but I know it can happen.

14RS3

Reaction score
Did you test drive any other suv type vehicle?
My wife bought a 2019 Nissan Murano Saturday.
Traded our money pit 2008 BMW 335i.
We test drove a x3 M40i first and it was really fun but we wanted to test drive a few more vehicles before deciding.
Stopped by the Ford dealer but she didn’t like the looks of the Edge ST’s they had in stock, plus with the BMW discounts we could have bought the x3 for close to the same price!
They had 3 2019 Raptors on the lot but I couldn’t talk her into a second Raptor for us!
Ended up at the Nissan dealer and she fell in love with the Murano.
The x3 is nicer but we came to the conclusion that it wasn’t double the price of the Murano nicer!!

Raptor10X

Reaction score
I get all that. You cant really think that in a raptor forum everyone’s going to be say congratulations on your great new purchase.

On the plus side maybe there’s an edge forum out there for you somewhere :)

Bullitt69

Reaction score
I'm quite new on this forum, and have owned my SCAB for a year now.

I love this truck, but I find myself daydreaming of a New Mustang often. Having traded a 2009 Bullitt towards my Rap, I've been slowly seduced by the 19 Bullitt which started arriving at dealerships the same exact time I took delivery of the special order F150.

Not sure yet what I will do, but either way - I'd be in a good place.

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score
I guess I am to conservative, I never had money when I was growing up so I had to just buy whatever I could afford. I finally quit going into debt at 50 and decided that if I didn't have the cash I wouldn't buy it. It took me 20 years more but I finally bought my new raptor and also bought my wife her new Cobra Mustang. And my social security check is still just a bonus. Just hope we don't have to go to a nursing home anytime soon. For you older guys out there you know what that costs. LOL

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I am to conservative, I never had money when I was growing up so I had to just buy whatever I could afford. I finally quit going into debt at 50 and decided that if I didn't have the cash I wouldn't buy it. It took me 20 years more but I finally bought my new raptor and also bought my wife her new Cobra Mustang. And my social security check is still just a bonus. Just hope we don't have to go to a nursing home anytime soon. For you older guys out there you know what that costs. LOL
You get to live everyday, you only die once. Live it up!!!!

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get all that. You cant really think that in a raptor forum everyone’s going to be say congratulations on your great new purchase.

On the plus side maybe there’s an edge forum out there for you somewhere :)
I'm not expecting anything. Just mentioning I traded and it's out there for anyone interested.

I did join the Edge/MKX forum back in 07 when I was looking at the Edge. It didn't have cooled seats, so I bought an MKX instead. Living in AZ, I'm sure you know cooled seats are pretty much a must have. The Edge forum is now Blue Oval.

Edge-st

Reaction score
Just got my 17 Rap a little brother...GT350... Talk about a vehicle a blast Rapstang.jpg to drive, this ride kicks ass.....