Trade in value drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck used for $50K, could've sold it for $75K at some point in 2021, and it's back to about $55K and I've added about 15K miles. So while we're about to go over a cliff, I'd say the market is still quite inflated.

I've been playing with various AI tools over the last two years. I've been making a bold prediction, but with the rate of how they have improved, I see most people jobless in 2 years, and practically everyone in 5. I hope I'm insanely wrong.

After I asked it to write C++ code that I've written before referencing an SDK, and it basically gave me back what I coded (thought slightly less efficient) I think the writing is on the wall. We're probably already done and don't even know it.

I used to think a singularity was necessary—where AI becomes actually cognizant and creates new thoughts—but right now the smartest AI presents itself as more human than some mid-range humans. If it didn't constantly tell me it wasn't a real human, I'm not sure I could tell the difference anymore. It used to even lie, so if you didn't know any better, you'd have no idea if it didn't know something or not. And still it tells falsehoods with all the gusto of a real human. I've caught it on a few mathematical errors and it was like, oh, yes, thanks for telling me, you're correct.

For the first time in my life, I'm not sure what to do about the future.
AI would have a hard time replacing an HVAC system in an attic or putting an IV in someone's arm, but yeah AI could gut certain industries pretty hard. I wish i had traded my 2020 back when it was worth more than I paid, oh well.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the question is.... what happens after it all falls down? The great reset? We are so f--ked man. My guess is that we will have a new standard for a "Great Depression".... Credit system will be ravaged and most people will be starting over if nukes arent fired first.
I didn't want to hijack, but I would think there'd be tons of violence before any of that happens. It doesn't even need to be a huge amount of people out of work, there's a stat for that but I can't remember what it is. And they're not going to find new jobs either.

There are many fronts to all of the crap that's coming. Great reset, ESG, AI, etc. It's like every post-apocalyptic scenario in every book is happening at once. I feel like every week it's a different one.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AI would have a hard time replacing an HVAC system in an attic or putting an IV in someone's arm, but yeah AI could gut certain industries pretty hard. I wish i had traded my 2020 back when it was worth more than I paid, oh well.
Oh for sure...my 5 year estimate is what happens when AI assists in the creation of robots, which I'm sure is already happening.

Also, if you don't have jobs for humans, you don't need humans, and you don't need HVAC. Although technically machines need to be kept cool I suppose but that's for them to figure out...ha. :/

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure...my 5 year estimate is what happens when AI assists in the creation of robots, which I'm sure is already happening.

Also, if you don't have jobs for humans, you don't need humans, and you don't need HVAC. Although technically machines need to be kept cool I suppose but that's for them to figure out...ha. :/
Yeah AI building its own robots is definitely the "uh oh" moment. By then its too late.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack, but…
You already did when you started talking AI & shit a few posts back.

This thread has gotten really weird w/ the last few posts. Went from trade in value drop to dropping nukes…wtf, over.