Trade gen 2 for gen 1??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really didn't find any evidence?

Evidence of what? A cam phaser issue affecting certain earlier models that is being corrected under warranty for free? Clearly you have a vendetta against the 3.5 Ecoboost, and as someone who services these engines on a regular basis I wonder why the animosity.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evidence of what? A cam phaser issue affecting certain earlier models that is being corrected under warranty for free? Clearly you have a vendetta against the 3.5 Ecoboost, and as someone who services these engines on a regular basis I wonder why the animosity.

Wow. That's quite a leap!

Simple observation of available evidence does not equal animosity :)

Vendetta is also an interesting choice of words. Perhaps you are projecting ;)

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hearsay isn’t evidence. A handful of problems in the numbers that these things sell isn’t an epidemic.

Do you know how many subaru guys used to say Mobil 1 caused engine failure? That doesn’t make it true.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hearsay isn’t evidence. A handful of problems in the numbers that these things sell isn’t an epidemic.

Do you know how many subaru guys used to say Mobil 1 caused engine failure? That doesn’t make it true.

Subaru guys is a bit of an oxymoron, no?

And all these engines getting replaced aren't happening. Check.

(*cough vendetta *cough)

:)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Clearly your definition of "evidence" varies from the norm. Evidence constitutes a confirmed failure and associated repair. Not a customer concern that may or may not be a valid issue. In other words, a customer concern does not equal "evidence".

I surmised that you have a vendetta based on your posts throughout this thread. Clearly, you want to convince everyone to believe the 6.2 is the only "reliable" option. Why, I don't know.

No projecting here. The 6.2 is a very well designed, reliable, and serviceable engine. The 3.5 is no different; it simply varies in the configuration in which is produces its output. Having serviced both engines and being a Ford Senior Master Technician, I am concerned with your perceived negativity toward the 3.5 based on nothing more than internet forum posts.

RS4

Reaction score
Funny, I spent a little time on Google, researching how to make my Gen 2 more like a Gen 1. Sadly, there were zero results. :)

Lol. Alright guys, I now understand you are both FU rich. OP, I hope you have DEEP pockets. Carry on.

No disrespect but i have a patient that was laura and no is robin and i immediately thought of Gen 2 guys

bash away and no **** and I’m lover not a fighter

RS4

Reaction score
No disrespect but i have a patient that was laura and no is robin and i immediately thought of Gen 2 guys

“Not like there is anything wrong with it” as the great Seinfeld said

I’m just joking...Laugh a little

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Got Dayum! Pass me some of what you're smoking, please! I will say it seems like the Gen 1 guys have the best weed. :^)

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Subaru guys is a bit of an oxymoron, no?

And all these engines getting replaced aren't happening. Check.

(*cough vendetta *cough)

:)
Touche on the Subaru thing.

all what engines? The 30-40 that needed warranty work but didn’t fail? Out of how many million?

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly your definition of "evidence" varies from the norm. Evidence constitutes a confirmed failure and associated repair. Not a customer concern that may or may not be a valid issue. In other words, a customer concern does not equal "evidence".

I surmised that you have a vendetta based on your posts throughout this thread. Clearly, you want to convince everyone to believe the 6.2 is the only "reliable" option. Why, I don't know.

No projecting here. The 6.2 is a very well designed, reliable, and serviceable engine. The 3.5 is no different; it simply varies in the configuration in which is produces its output. Having serviced both engines and being a Ford Senior Master Technician, I am concerned with your perceived negativity toward the 3.5 based on nothing more than internet forum posts.

Interesting post. Is "surmising" considered to be evidence based? Because you have "surmised" many things incorrectly :)

In other words, reality "does not verify" your complaints ;)

See what I did there? :)

Side note: if the 3.5 is so serviceable and reliable and since it makes more low end torque (*cough marketing nonsense*) and gets better fuel mileage than the 6.2, then why isn't it in the SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.