Trade gen 2 for gen 1??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same experience! Had a gen 1 for 3 yrs traded it for a 19 gen 2 and was sick 1 week later! Kept the gen 2 for 2 months. Now thank god im back in a gen 1 I loved the tech of the gen 2 but the lack of a big v8 killed it for me! The sound of a big supercharged v8 is amazing!

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also If you are looking to get a gen 1 deff go with a 13+ my 1st gen 1 was a 2011 and my current is a 14 the 14 feels different ( more refined )

OP
OP
Jason Snokhous

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m most likely going to keep my 19. But us gen 2 owners should have a thread to vent for not having a V8 option. The V6 turbo sound just doesn’t fit the raptor personality. Other than the engine I prefer the gen 2 in every other aspect.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford would have stuck with the 6.2 my attitude would be to keep it for the rest of my life. I’ve only had V8s and I love the sound but I suppose it’s time to just come to terms that it’s a V6.

I'm with you. I wish Ford would have just put an aluminum block in the 6.2 and made that the new motor for the Gen 2. The "HO" EB just seems overstressed and undersized. I'm keeping my Gen 1 indefinitely. I currently have a 6.6 on order for it and I'm also debating swapping my Whipple out for twin turbos. I keep wanting to pick up another toy but I'm just not really into anything else at the moment. I would feel differently if Ford would do a SC 5.2 as a Gen 2.5.

If they don't, I might do a 7.3 Tremor build next.

Moridin

Reaction score
Recently moved from my 2012 that I bought new to a 2019.

Couldn't be happier, this new one is so much better in every way that it's truly striking.

Not that at first I didn't miss the V8 growl I had with my cat-back exhaust... I did miss it. For about a day or so.

But as with all things in life, YMMV.

OP
OP
Jason Snokhous

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only it wasn’t damn near impossible to do a V8 swap. I’d drive the 3.5 till it pops then put a new V8 in it. I called Hennessy to see what they charge for a coyote swap.. $60k!!

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have three? people in this thread alone talking about how more they like their supercharged gen 1. Yeah you put a $10K supercharger on it that makes up for the biggest deficit which is speed (gen 1 is 7.1 vs 5.5 for gen 2 0-60).

I can definitely see a gen 1 with a lot of money in it being better than a stock gen 2. Stock vs stock I think you'd miss the performance and technology differences.

OP
OP
Jason Snokhous

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have three? people in this thread alone talking about how more they like their supercharged gen 1. Yeah you put a $10K supercharger on it that makes up for the biggest deficit which is speed (gen 1 is 7.1 vs 5.5 for gen 2 0-60).

I can definitely see a gen 1 with a lot of money in it being better than a stock gen 2. Stock vs stock I think you'd miss the performance and technology differences.
3.5.. meaning the 3.5 EB

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only it wasn’t damn near impossible to do a V8 swap. I’d drive the 3.5 till it pops then put a new V8 in it. I called Hennessy to see what they charge for a coyote swap.. $60k!!

Hennessey is literally trash. He has burned many Raptors to the ground, including one of the best that was ever built (prior to his shop touching the motor).

http://hyperfastcars.com/v8-swap/

You should talk to these guys. Street price for the installation of a new Gen 3 Coyote with a Whipple are much, much lower. Full functionality of drive modes is retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.