Traction control issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First time I noticed it today. Engaged and raining hard. Kick downs at 45-50 would break traction,I had to lift from actually keep it from pitching. Every stop and go I had to baby it to keep it from spinning. I've been having sync issues as well. I doubt there would be any similarity but all this electrical,PCM ECU she ot who knows? :Jedi: Anyone else had these gremlins?

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Spinning tires sounds like you need to put an egg on throttle. If it breaks you pushed to hard. That will keep tires from breaking loose.

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Ah,it's not a lead foot issue. I'm also having an issue with the off road mode. I have to come to a complete stop to engage it. I snap comment,"I understand the 5mph deal" I mean complete stop and stay stopped. If I do a stop and go it's a no go into O mode.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you press and hold the traction button after engaging off-road mode it's still going to kick in, though at a slightly lesser degree. If you're breaking traction it's going to kick in. Even in off-road mode with the button press/hold I'm pretty sure it's still there to some small degree, though perhaps only the anti-roll mitigation..