Toyo Open Country RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I loaded up some Toyo’s on a beautiful black ICON rim. Customwheels4u gets it done.

The pros

Looks awesome... pictures don’t do them justice.

The RT handle great. The performance handling is superior to the stock BFG. The sidewalls flex less and the truck is planted more firmly when cornering.

They’re far more rugged and on wet and dry pavement it is much more difficult to break them loose. It must be a rubber compound issue.

The cons.

They’re 8 lbs heavier per tire, but I’ll be honest I can’t tell.

They are stiffer with the same tire pressure. You feel the tire flex a lot less and the suspension actuate more.

There is a touch of road noise. Not an annoying hum, but a little more than the BFG.

Overall highly recommend.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on my silverado I'm not impressed with wear and mileage I'll get out of them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t comment on the wear. The ko2 only lasted 20k miles for me.

The other thing I will point out is that I don’t believe they steer as quickly as the BFG. Meaning.... you’re going to have to turn your wheel more to achieve the same degree of lateral acceleration.

Overall it’s a great riding tire however. The truck feels considerly less like a barge.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t comment on the wear. The ko2 only lasted 20k miles for me.

The other thing I will point out is that I don’t believe they steer as quickly as the BFG. Meaning.... you’re going to have to turn your wheel more to achieve the same degree of lateral acceleration.

Overall it’s a great riding tire however. The truck feels considerly less like a barge.
All that matters is that you like them hope in the long run you do ! I'm going to need new sneakers on the Silverado and I've been doing a bunch of reading on tires and reviews and it's a difficult decision. But the best set of tires I ever had were a set of Bridgestone dueler mt's too bad they stopped making them !!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also...

FYI.... at least for me... 1.75 inch collars is what is level. The rake from front to rear is now less than a 1/8 inch. Going to 2.25 would have left the truck Stinkbug without +3 Deavers.

Going 1.5 would have left it still raked slightly. That’s not a bad option if you do any towing, however.

Now that I see where it sits I’ll be getting +2 Deavers and losing the stock blocks.

dreuter

Reaction score
Curious of your current thoughts on the tires. I’m down to those and the km3s.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these in my Jeep & Super Duty. I also put them on all of our service trucks to enable the to get around in job sites, while still being able to deliver good road manners with all the interstate driving they also do.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of the Open Country line. Currently have 35” A/T’s on the Raptor & swapping to 37” R/T’s soon. The M/T’s are some of the best mud tires I’ve used as well, but the R/T’s are more than enough for my needs. Great mixed use tires.