torn between Raptor vs F250 Diesel/Tremor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All that talk and decisions and pages of maybe this and maybe that. And you end up back in a Raptor LOL

Glad you found one after all! Problem solved. Enjoy that new beast.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s good to read. Can you take the truck in and get it final painted when you decide what color ? :p

That GT pic is very... haunting. it’s making me think thoughts I shouldn’t think.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got back into a Raptor. I enjoyed the thread. I learned a lot about a lot of different trucks. I also consider every option thoroughly like you do. I don't consider it over-thinking. I consider it being thorough and knowing exactly what I am getting and giving up with each option.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the last 801a w/ leather within 400 miles @ Quirk Ford, I was searching ME/NH/CT/PA/NJ etc - as I mentioned kept running into 4-5 trucks that had the sh*t rocky ridge crap on em & they were actually discounting A couple of those a little b/c I think they knew they F’d up putting it on there. Then any decently optioned 802a’s were ALL marked up $2.5k-$8k over msrp from ME to NY, I got this for $1200 under MSRP + a tri-fold tonneau cover (Woopty doo!)

it stickered like $1k less than my totaled 2018 801a

lost bed step/panoroof/box lights, picked up lane keep assist, the full digital gauge cluster, live valves/torsen diff/WiFi (std now but wasn’t for MY18)

overall pretty happy - glad I’m back in a Raptor & didn’t just settle for something else. I like this color much better & the live valve shocks def ride better, I’m kinda happy not having the roof even though I liked using it I didn’t like maintaining/cleaning it for peace of mind & always worrying itd leak or get misaligned driving hard offroad etc

threw in a requisite GT pic for the hell of it- not for sale lol!! I like the color a lot

View attachment 155956

View attachment 155957

View attachment 155958

View attachment 155959

What you actually picked up equipment wise will be more everyday usable then what you lost. Tailgate step and box lights are nice, but how many Raptor folk use them many days if the week? Pano roof? We know there cool, but can be a pia. The full digital cluster, lane keep, power rear window, wheels and WiFi are nice features. You also have the selectable digital gauges and all the engine parameters. Plus the various ‘19-20 updates. Some of these 801’a come pretty loaded.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you actually picked up equipment wise will be more everyday usable then what you lost. Tailgate step and box lights are nice, but how many Raptor folk use them many days if the week? Pano roof? We know there cool, but can be a pia. The full digital cluster, lane keep, power rear window, wheels and WiFi are nice features. You also have the selectable digital gauges and all the engine parameters. Plus the various ‘19-20 updates. Some of these 801’a come pretty loaded.

What does an 802A have that an 801A generally does not? I've only ever known my 802A.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the last 801a w/ leather within 400 miles @ Quirk Ford, I was searching ME/NH/CT/PA/NJ etc - as I mentioned kept running into 4-5 trucks that had the sh*t rocky ridge crap on em & they were actually discounting A couple of those a little b/c I think they knew they F’d up putting it on there. Then any decently optioned 802a’s were ALL marked up $2.5k-$8k over msrp from ME to NY, I got this for $1200 under MSRP + a tri-fold tonneau cover (Woopty doo!)

it stickered like $1k less than my totaled 2018 801a

lost bed step/panoroof/box lights, picked up lane keep assist, the full digital gauge cluster, live valves/torsen diff/WiFi (std now but wasn’t for MY18)

overall pretty happy - glad I’m back in a Raptor & didn’t just settle for something else. I like this color much better & the live valve shocks def ride better, I’m kinda happy not having the roof even though I liked using it I didn’t like maintaining/cleaning it for peace of mind & always worrying itd leak or get misaligned driving hard offroad etc

threw in a requisite GT pic for the hell of it- not for sale lol!! I like the color a lot

View attachment 155956

View attachment 155957

View attachment 155958

View attachment 155959

Nice choice, you will be happy!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I turned lane keep off, but I like having the cross traffic detection and BLIS is useful. Both are standard on the 2020 801A. I'm not paying the fee for WiFi when my phone works fine, but if you have kids in the back it would be nice for streaming video. The heated seats are a must. Power window is really nice, it's a great replacement for the pano, you can get good airflow with it. So, for me, the base 801A is about the right mix of features. The Torsen is the only thing in 802A that I would pay money for, and it's a mixed blessing. It's great off road, but it does produce noticeable torque steer when you're in 4A on the road. Step and box lights aren't very useful and I use the box a lot when I'm camping, so no real loss there. I think you did well for buying late in the season off the lot. All the stuff you really need is there with only a little expensive fluff. Good job.