torn between Raptor vs F250 Diesel/Tremor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What does an 802A have that an 801A generally does not? I've only ever known my 802A.

Well I could be wrong, but I THOUGHT the torsen front diff became standard on 2019+ Raptors regardless of trim. I think theres 800a which is very basic may or may not have the 8" screen (I think not) & has cloth seats no heat & missing much of the tech/luxury stuff probably still has the non-digital gauges like my '18 801a had - these are now standard on the 801a's - in 17-18 only 802a had it

And then there 801a "base" & 801a "mid" - what I bought is a mid has leather interior the digital gauge cluster & lane keep assist BLIS etc

In general the 802a gives you all the standard 801a mid stuff + extra lux/tech- push button start, body colored mirror/door handle caps, memory seats, 360 camera, adaptive cruise, nav, trailer backup assist, B&O stereo, heated steering wheel, electronic auto temp control & also some lil stuff that can be added a la carte to an 801a (led box lights/side mirror spots/remote start/trailer brake)

Personally - the only thing I really would want that comes w/ the 802a over the 801a mid is the torsen diff (if its accurate only comes w/ 802), the 360 camera, &........this is a "small" thing but to me a MAJOR annoyance/screwup by Ford - my 801a has 10 way power adjustable lumbar perforated leather heated seats......BUT - no memory setting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So annoying!! Luckily since this isn't my first Raptor I already know how I like the seat setup, & I'm usually the only one driving it, but it just makes no sense to have premium leather power/lumbar/heated seats w/ no memory setting.

Its a majory screwup by ford designers tbh it just makes no sense hahaha

I really dislike push button start & I think the plastic caps on the mirrors/door handles look cheap/chintzy especially on certain colors. I much prefer the plain black textured plastic trim on those parts - doesn't scratch & they look more utilitarian fit the truck better IMHO especially in colors like Lead Foot

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does your seat and steering have the courtesy(forgot the name) exit mode and move back into position mode after turning on the truck? Or is this part of the memory package? Did they give you adjustable pedals as well? I think this is fairly standard now too.

I like the push button start. Otherwise you have a keyed ignition? Just seems stone-age for any manufacturer to be using keys still. But between the fob and electronics, I’m sure there is a cost savings to them. How much? Can’t imagine a lot however.

I have to say adaptive cruise is a nice feature. Between it and lane keep it’s a nice package.

The color matching trim I think is nice at least on the Magnetic. But I like the monochrome look of the truck.

You may be able to add the Ford Security and remote start system for pretty cheap if you want remote start from a fob. Look into it.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does your seat and steering have the courtesy(forgot the name) exit mode and move back into position mode after turning on the truck? Or is this part of the memory package? Did they give you adjustable pedals as well? I think this is fairly standard now too.

I like the push button start. Otherwise you have a keyed ignition? Just seems stone-age for any manufacturer to be using keys still. But between the fob and electronics, I’m sure there is a cost savings to them. How much? Can’t imagine a lot however.

I have to say adaptive cruise is a nice feature. Between it and lane keep it’s a nice package.

The color matching trim I think is nice at least on the Magnetic. But I like the monochrome look of the truck.

You may be able to add the Ford Security and remote start system for pretty cheap if you want remote start from a fob. Look into it.

Does the curtesy exit - which my 18 didn't have, does have adjustable pedals, the 18 DID have that, the new 2020 801a mid truck does have lane keep assist/departure warning & BLIS but no adaptive cruise.....that is a nice feature I do use w/ my wife's MDX, but I am ADD & like driving so it would most likely be wasted on my Raptor I'm always maneuvering.

It does has the factory security perimeter alarm is that what you're talking bout? I did see its not a big deal to add remote start from the key by getting an extra fob, reprogramming & utilizing Forscan....that being said, I always have my phone around its not that big of deal to remote start from the app

I will be adding the bed lighting though, the blanks/wiring are right there,

I'm not that old (40) but I'm an "old school" kinda guy - & I really don't like technology for technology's sake so to speak. I think the push button start is the epitome of that. We both need a key on our person to start our trucks right? We both need to perform a physical action to complete the ignition process right? You push a button a turn a key - on an electric ignition so its not even like you need to "hold" it just a quick twist. I just don't like it - I once drove through 3 states in my wife's MDX w/ the keys resting below the windshield on the cowel between the hood & windshield - tossed em there while fueling up & had too much stuff in my hands - since I don't have to physically put the key into the ignition I didn't notice I had left the key there

I'm ADD like I said LOL!!!

My biggest pet peeve in the 1/2 tons w/ the "tech for tech's sake" is the new Rams & the stupid rotary dial shifter (thank god TRX doesn't have) - how does that improve anyone's driving experience? What happens if/when you spill a giant iced coffee on it lol!!

At end of the day its all preference & I like how the Raptor straddles bare bones utilitarian offroad character & fully decked out truxedo luxury tech beast - I opted to take my porridge smack dab in the middle ;-)

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I could be wrong, but I THOUGHT the torsen front diff became standard on 2019+ Raptors regardless of trim. I think theres 800a which is very basic may or may not have the 8" screen (I think not) & has cloth seats no heat & missing much of the tech/luxury stuff probably still has the non-digital gauges like my '18 801a had - these are now standard on the 801a's - in 17-18 only 802a had it

And then there 801a "base" & 801a "mid" - what I bought is a mid has leather interior the digital gauge cluster & lane keep assist BLIS etc

In general the 802a gives you all the standard 801a mid stuff + extra lux/tech- push button start, body colored mirror/door handle caps, memory seats, 360 camera, adaptive cruise, nav, trailer backup assist, B&O stereo, heated steering wheel, electronic auto temp control & also some lil stuff that can be added a la carte to an 801a (led box lights/side mirror spots/remote start/trailer brake)

Personally - the only thing I really would want that comes w/ the 802a over the 801a mid is the torsen diff (if its accurate only comes w/ 802), the 360 camera, &........this is a "small" thing but to me a MAJOR annoyance/screwup by Ford - my 801a has 10 way power adjustable lumbar perforated leather heated seats......BUT - no memory setting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So annoying!! Luckily since this isn't my first Raptor I already know how I like the seat setup, & I'm usually the only one driving it, but it just makes no sense to have premium leather power/lumbar/heated seats w/ no memory setting.

Its a majory screwup by ford designers tbh it just makes no sense hahaha

I really dislike push button start & I think the plastic caps on the mirrors/door handles look cheap/chintzy especially on certain colors. I much prefer the plain black textured plastic trim on those parts - doesn't scratch & they look more utilitarian fit the truck better IMHO especially in colors like Lead Foot
I have the painted mirror caps and they’re already peeling. 2017 w/ 27k miles.

GT3_Bill

Reaction score
If you look at a ram, make it a 3500 single wheel. Gets the Aisin trans, HO Cummins, and a leaf spring rear end. The 2500 is a little silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I bought a 2020 801A in May. The Torsen was a $500 option I got. There was another 801A I looked at without it, but they forgot to paint it after shooting the primer. :) In May, Ford didn't have an 801A base and 801A mid, just 800A, 801A, and 802A. Maybe that's a new thing or maybe that's the salesman making stuff up. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that. 801A got me manual mirrors w/power glass, LED side mirror spotlights, power sliding rear window, BLIS/cross traffic detect, 8" display, and the heated leather seats over the base 800A.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a 2020 801A in May. The Torsen was a $500 option I got. There was another 801A I looked at without it, but they forgot to paint it after shooting the primer. :) In May, Ford didn't have an 801A base and 801A mid, just 800A, 801A, and 802A. Maybe that's a new thing or maybe that's the salesman making stuff up. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that. 801A got me manual mirrors w/power glass, LED side mirror spotlights, power sliding rear window, BLIS/cross traffic detect, 8" display, and the heated leather seats over the base 800A.

Nah it’s not the dealer even shows it on Ford website when doing an inventory search my truck is listed as an “801a mid” level package. I dunno maybe it’s just a separate description for 801a trucks but take a look

B3D77F0F-4B3F-449C-A21A-D2B2606D7539.png