Torn a sidewall what should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdci

Reaction score
So I tore the sidewall on one of my **** Cepek FC-IIs today. I have about 45K on them and the remaining 3 are in good shape and I was planning on buying new tires next year. Should I go ahead and replace all 4 or just try and buy 1 of the discontinued FC-IIs. I'm thinking about getting the new Fun Countrys but they are 315/70 instead of 35x12.5 or the Grabbers which are 35x12.5. I use my Raptor as my daily driver so I have over 93K miles on it. Need to decide soon because I have a ATV trip the 1st of the month so I have to tow my 16ft trailer to Hatfield & McCoys so I need a tire or tires by then.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, most tire shops will highly advise against only replacing one tire on an older set. You could just do 2 tires now if cash is tight and you don't want to spring for a whole set. Just put your best two old tires on the front and the new on the back. You could also check craigslist and call your local tire shops for someone selling used tires, you may luck out and find a match that has the same approximate wear yours do.

OP
OP
mrdci

mrdci

Reaction score
Well, most tire shops will highly advise against only replacing one tire on an older set. You could just do 2 tires now if cash is tight and you don't want to spring for a whole set. Just put your best two old tires on the front and the new on the back. You could also check craigslist and call your local tire shops for someone selling used tires, you may luck out and find a match that has the same approximate wear yours do.

Since FC-IIs are discontinued I'm not buying 2. So I guess I'm either buying 4 Grabbers or new Fun Countrys. Just wondering how much of a difference the 315 vs 35s are with the new FCs. They are a lighter tire by far. Need to order them today or tomorrow to make sure I can have them on by next weekend.