To Whipple or not to Whipple...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
levernois has a 800 hp twin turbo kit for a year already

I have pasted the link to that on a few threads for months

I wasn't saying Hennessey is the only option for a TT kit, brotha. I just use them as an example. I'm sure there's more than just Hennessey and Livernois that have figured out how to TT the Raptor. I was using Hennessey as an expensive example.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So was I,

But the Levernois kit is three times that when you include the 6.6 built engine. LOL

I wasn't trying to be nasty or anything. Sorry if you took it like that.

Last edited:

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of the those companies have a "kit" for sale.

Both have built one-off prototypes that they would be happy to copy for you if you send them your truck for 3-4 months. (dont be shocked when they still have it 6 months later too)

A "kit" is pre-fabbed and would be shipped to you for your installation. No one is offering that option.

Any decent performance shop can custom fab one for you. It just requires a lot of down time, patience and thick wallet.

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running a Whipple and suspension on my truck. I average 8.5-9.2mpg in town, the drivability is good and it has lots of power but it doesn't really feel fast. I plan to do a custom tune but just got my PCM back from Whipple but have not tried it. I would say if you have the cash and won't miss it then go for it, otherwise call 5 Star.

Hank

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong here but 5 Star hasn't gotten their hands on a Whippled Raptor yet to play with, would certainly be interesting to see what he could do though.

Cubdriver, did you get the 3.500 pulley? and maybe you sould opt for the 3.375 it sounds like you would like it.

Last edited: