To Mod or not to Mod: THAT is the Question!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered diamondback cover last night. Also paid the extra $300 fast track fee. I hate to wait for anything.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered diamondback cover last night. Also paid the extra $300 fast track fee. I hate to wait for anything.

I don’t mean to poop in your Cheerios, but did you check their outlet section? I saved $600 on an HD with a missed weld (1 of 14 welds on that beam) and it was ready to ship so I had it in 7 business days shipped to AZ without a fee. I was going to order the SE without cleats and non diamond plate, this HD was exactly as I wanted and was still $260 cheaper than the SE. They did include 12 new cleats in bags with the cover. Thanks for @SVTFordRaptor for posting up about their outlet. Inventory seems to change quickly. so keep checking back. I saw an SE last week for $1149.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/colle.../ford-f-150+current-generation+less-than-6-ft

There is a 270 with missed weld for $650 off.
https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/diamondback-outlet/products/outlet-diamondback-270-80005

I installed mine yesterday. I’m very impressed with the cover, everything installed smoothly. The HD is definitely heavy duty, there was a 35# weight penalty for the HD vs SE, but even my defensive tackle like body can walk around on it. If the HD wasn’t exactly as I wanted it and discounted I would’ve just ordered the SE and waited. Its 115# weight dropped the rear of the truck about 3/8” on factory springs compared to empty. I was comparing it to my neighbor’s backflip, which sits lower into the bed and feels like a child’s toy, no question which cover I’d rather have.

97172D7E-94F9-4295-A34A-80E31FFE3408.jpeg

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thank you for looking out. But couldn't you **** instead of poop in my Cheerios? :lol:

I've never been an outlet person. Every time I go to those outlet malls, which is few and far between, I never find anything I like.

I had heard of their outlet but didn't see a link on their site. My luck I'd order the wrong size.

Anyway, it's already ordered and paid for, and I'll have one more weld than you. :lol: ;)

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some folks like a low profile bed cover, but I love my Diamondback. The quality is superb and robust. I got the non-diamond version, which is their new powder black coating. It fits the Raptor nicely, so I would highly recommend getting one:

Which Diamondback do you have - HD or SE? I don't think I need the HD but don't want to be caught without it if the family and I start camping on top or something.

D

Deleted member 17706

Which Diamondback do you have - HD or SE? I don't think I need the HD but don't want to be caught without it if the family and I start camping on top or something.

I have the HD like @BroncoAZ. Yeah, with having a family, I would spend the money and get a HD.

I have had some torrential rainfall since installing the cover, and I haven't see a drop of water inside the bed. It has also helped my fuel economy as the drag in the rear of the vehicle is near non-existent now. Another Diamondback Raptor owner mentioned this on another thread, but I would upgrade the seal that goes on the bulkhead of the bed up against the cab/window. The one DB gives you is mostly flat and water could potentially get in-between the cover seal and seal that is on the bulkhead. The seals on the DB are robust and high quality, so I don't know why they couldn't provide a seal like that for the bulkhead. This is what I went with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013WDNF7G/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I will attach a picture of how I ran the seal tomorrow.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100000% main reason I’m driving the raptor over a GM/Ram V8 (I don’t wanna hear about fords ****** V8s - they make GREAT boosted 4s/6s!!!!)

Off topic, but I’m genuinely curious why you feel Ford makes a ****** V8 vs. the competition.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn’t need the HD for sure, but for the deal on the outlet model I certainly wouldn’t have spent more on a SE. If both were available in the outlet in the finish I wanted without cleats I would’ve bought the SE. The weight penalty is only 35 pounds, not that big a deal on a 5300 pounds truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc