Tire recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c6vette

Reaction score
Looking to possibly get a set of the 20" venomrex 601's and my ultimate goal is to reduce wheel/tire weight. I know these wheels weigh a little less than the factory 17s so I am looking for some 20" tires that are a little lighter than stock. I believe the stock tires are 64lbs? So far I haven't found a 20" tire that weighs less than that. What are you running in that size?

Thanks!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Toyo RT, depending what you will be using the truck for possibly Toyo MT.

They all weigh more than the stock BFG but are all significantly better. Going to be hard to reduce weight outside of a BBK:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

c6vette

Reaction score
Thank you but I am looking for tires that weigh less than the factory BFGs. I am aware of plenty of tires that weigh more.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you but I am looking for tires that weigh less than the factory BFGs. I am aware of plenty of tires that weigh more.

Lol you won’t find any, why are you trying to save weight on off-road tires?

OP
OP
C

c6vette

Reaction score
Do you know for a fact that none exist or you just don't know of one?

Saving unsprung/rotational weight is one of the easiest ways to increase performance. I live in FL so I'm not exactly rock crawling this truck.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know for a fact that none exist or you just don't know of one?

Saving unsprung/rotational weight is one of the easiest ways to increase performance. I live in FL so I'm not exactly rock crawling this truck.

None that I know of, not being a jerk but your wasting your time on a Raptor trying to reduce weight. If you want more performance get a tune from MPT. I gained weight with wheels and tires and lost over 8lbs a corner with my R1 BBK.

I know the reduce weight game well:) Raptor is the wrong platform to try and gain performance from weight savings.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Discount Tire has the Cooper Discover MTP tires listed at 65 lbs.

They also have the Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain listed at 60 lbs.

I am looking at going with the 601s, but with Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

c6vette

Reaction score
None that I know of, not being a jerk but your wasting your time on a Raptor trying to reduce weight. If you want more performance get a tune from MPT. I gained weight with wheels and tires and lost over 8lbs a corner with my R1 BBK.

I know the reduce weight game well:) Raptor is the wrong platform to try and gain performance from weight savings.

Well I fully disagree because gaining performance by saving weight literally works on every vehicle there is but you are entitled to your opinion.

Thanks 340 I will look into those options!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wheel and tire package when my 2019 comes should be 10 pounds lighter per corner. 10 pounds lighter is a lot of weight savings. :)

Well I fully disagree because gaining performance by saving weight literally works on every vehicle there is but you are entitled to your opinion.

Thanks 340 I will look into those options!