Thoughts of value once the Raptor is discontinued.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yogurt Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2008 Tahoe Z71 before I bought my Raptor 3 weeks ago. I had it lifted, wheels/tires, stereo system, programmer, intake, bumper, lights, exhaust etc... I purchased truck w/ 12K miles on it for $34K and traded it in after returning it to bone stock (b/c like Reptar I kept all factory parts "I wanted to chunk it all many many of times but didnt) got $26K trade in value w/ 97K miles on it. I was able to get most money for it b?c I kept truck in great shape. IO used the Hell out of it, Pulling boats, duck hunting, and just having fun but I always took care of it and glad I did b/c I got the most money possible out of it at trade. Thats a fair deal in my eyes I put 85K miles on it and lost $8K on it. I also was able to part w/ all my aftermarket parts for a extra $3K bucks making my total loss of less than $5K. Just take care of what you have, but enjoy it and keep factory parts, even the factory mats b/c when it comes to trading it in they give you 0 money for all your add-ons sometimes take off money. If you keep them and then like Reptar said spend a few weeks selling them on Ebay, Craigslist, Local Paper, FRF forum wherever you will get you some $$$ and make others happy aswell.

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMEN TO THAT!

If you are buying a raptor for an investment, then (IMO) you are buying it for the wrong reason.

Buy it, drive it, enjoy it!

I bought mine and I plan on driving it into the ground! I just hope by the time that occurs, there is another vehicle of equal caliper that the SVT Raptor is.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bought my lightning in 04 new for 29k had it 7 years sold it with 5k miles for 25 k. so it held pretty good value. granted i did not drive it much. but i think if i had kept it longer it may have been worth more. right now the market is very soft. i wont make that mistake again i am driving the raptor. the hell with resale value.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speculating on a Raptor resale value is a waste.. The Raptor is meant to be driven, and loves being dirty. Drive it. enjoy it. The memories and experiences of owning a Raptor will far outweigh any money lose on it.

-Greg

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think its a fair question. I'd think if they'd discontinue building them our resale would bump at least a little after a few years of not being manufactured. Guessing id say if it was mint and low miles 4-5 years after you'd get 70k on it. I like my truck that much that I would think someone else would get envious enough imo.

Don't let your meatloaf.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
like any thing collectible if every one is collecting it not much value in owning some thing thousands of people have

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When this this thread was created, there was thought that the Raptor would be in limited numbers. Usually SVT models last only so long, such as the Lightning. The Raptor now just keeps running with production and there isn't a doubt in my mind that it'll stop anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned, why would Ford want to end production on them? It's the baddest looking truck in history. When you see another Raptor coming at you on the streets, it's pretty damn scary looking for a truck. If anything, Ford will prob re-create it when the new body styles come out for the F-150. So to my thoughts on this would be that the Raptor's will not increase in value. They will have a good resale value, but will never have value like a 1969 Hemi Cuda or something like it. I'll just keep upgrading if they keep producing them. Yee Haw!!!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
THe lightning was never as big as the raptor in sales. It was a truck trying to compete with muscle cars. The raptor is a truck that has no competition except trophy trucks and buggies.

Their current value is holding really well, it makes it hard for someone to find a used one.
My truck is 2 years old, 45k miles and it blue books for -$2000 less than MSRP!
But, I plan on keeping my truck until it dies, then replace the motor with something that sounds like a trophy truck and keep going!