Thoughts on buying modified Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

stalian999

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight everyone. Spoke to a local dealership who has an ‘18 with 52k miles who just did the Cam Phasers as part of the reconditioning process and Gold Certification. Going to go take a look at it here soon.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vehicle is a couple hundred miles away and just trying to get some insight before heading down to take a physical look at it. I have basic mechanical ability but don’t know the ins and outs of the Raptor yet. Soaking in as much as I can over the last week since I decided to look for one.
There is a lot to soak up and of course people have differing opinions. Some people want to keep the go fast over uneven terrain aspect of the Raptor that is engineered from the factory and maybe enhance that aspect. Some people are fine with just throwing on some 20 inch rims and having a rad street truck( which is ok, but not highly regarded on this forum I have deduced over the past 6 months). It takes some time to figure out the mods you want to make your Raptor unique to you. I’ve cut my upfitter wires down to nubbins at this point changing my mind on lights. I have a giant bag of weather proof connectors , this weekends project is going to be to put connectors on all my switch wires and wiring looms, something I should of done from the get go.Good luck with wathever you decide and remember we like lots of photos so we can steal your ideas, I’m ripping off Nex every chance I get, he’s on a different coast, so it’s ok…

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky on mine, cam phasers were already done and transmission replaced. Ask for the “oasis report” on any used Ford before you sign. Learned that here. If mods are done well I don’t see an issue. Cam phasers are around $5k fyi I read about here.

I’ll sell you mine for $45k plus $50k ADM…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter