This week's Raptor Supercharger install at JDM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NiK_0

Reaction score
... sounds very wierd to go for the oil pump upgrade. Whats the reasoning behind this? Its not like this big engine with 2gals of oil would experience any sort of oil-deficit.
There is an oil cooler already on the truck. And the level of boost is not that critical to cause an oil pump failure, unless your milage comes to a point where you have to replace it, but then - you would have to replace "half the engine" at the same time.

Dont think its "a must" upgrade, unless you've a hi-mile engine.

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a specific type or model for this? I have a "stock" Roush, but I am planning n tuning it up with a JDM tune. Makes sense to upgrade the oil pump.

Nope the oil pump is in the bottom of the engine so same one for all raptors. I don't know much about the roush but when mine broke the first time I think I was just going too fast for long In hot weather.
I would definitely recommend the JDM tune by the way my friend just got it on his roush raptor and teamjdm sells the oil pump upgrade as well. Talk to Jim junior very nice guy he'll sort you out. @JimIII I think that's his account or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad ass build!
Truck looks great from @khcdave.
And sounds like @JimIII@JDM is doing a great job.

Who's doing the audio in Canada and where did you hear about them?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $5 for a chance to win a Craven Dip Stick
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Holiday Cheer "Giving Back" Event. - Page 15 - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

VOTE VOTE VOTE
https://polldaddy.com/poll/9218785/
For your favorite five.

Thanks!

First of all, I can't put words together how grateful I'm with guys at JDM. Nick has been the my guy since I first contacted them. I visited them some time back and since we got to talking 6 months back they've taken care of me. I believe there are other great shops, but I've yet to work with shop like theirs. If you are considering raptor tuning this is the place to go. Simply magic!

Well, my truck is not going to Canada for audio work. We'll do it our selves once the truck arrives home. We are going to do pretty much the same stuff with @JanT. We bought our audio parts from who other than Noah.

I need to ship my truck to Canada for reregistering the truck weight. I believe Raptors come in three different axel weights depending from which factory they come out from (do not ask why) and only one of them can be reregistered to Finland. So truck will go to Canada for reregistering the weight and also registering the larger types (otherwise not legal in Finland) and supercharger (otherwise not legal in Finland as well).

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!

First of all, I can't put words together how grateful I'm with guys at JDM. Nick has been the my guy since I first contacted them. I visited them some time back and since we got to talking 6 months back they've taken care of me. I believe there are other great shops, but I've yet to work with shop like theirs. If you are considering raptor tuning this is the place to go. Simply magic!

Well, my truck is not going to Canada for audio work. We'll do it our selves once the truck arrives home. We are going to do pretty much the same stuff with @JanT. We bought our audio parts from who other than Noah.

I need to ship my truck to Canada for reregistering the truck weight. I believe Raptors come in three different axel weights depending from which factory they come out from (do not ask why) and only one of them can be reregistered to Finland. So truck will go to Canada for reregistering the weight and also registering the larger types (otherwise not legal in Finland) and supercharger (otherwise not legal in Finland as well).

I'll tell you the same thing I told my boy @JanT you guys have way too many rules and regulations over there. You guys should just pack up and move over here. Then we can all go have some offroad fun and not worry about any stinking rules lol. I have a couple of extra bedrooms you guys can use until you find a place lol.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you the same thing I told my boy @JanT you guys have way too many rules and regulations over there. You guys should just pack up and move over here. Then we can all go have some offroad fun and not worry about any stinking rules lol. I have a couple of extra bedrooms you guys can use until you find a place lol.

Thank you for the offer! You never know, we might actually take on with that ;-)

You have no idea what's it like over here, and it is not getting any easier... So far there small loop holes to get by, but less and less. Nice people, but government sucks if you ask me. Nuts...