GEN 2 Thinking about selling...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
borzraptor

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the opposite of what you are now doing. I originally wanted a Raptor, but instead I purchased a F80 M3. That was up until last night when I finally sold the M3 and purchased my Raptor.

I’m 36 years old with a bad back. I can not for the life of me, see how some people daily drive their M3. The car is so rigid and low to the ground, getting in and out of the car was such an arduous task. The seats in the M3 are some of the most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. Sadly after only 1500 miles my body couldn’t take it anymore LOL.

But with that said, the M3 was also one of the most thrilling cars I’ve owned. It was a rocket ship, and the power always took me by surprise. The platform has so much untapped potential. Some downpipes and a tune and cars are putting down 500+.

One thing you have to take into consideration is the maintenance. The M3 is a rolling computer, and you will be paying a premium on any service. That //M tax is real my friend. Good luck with your choice.

View attachment 119698
I can understand but wow, that M3 looks amazing. Hope you enjoy the Raptor! Again, if I could, I'd love to seat the Raptor next to one of those!

Brodee42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my Raptor in for a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser. I've always wanted a LC200... The deal popped up and I got one!!!

FYI: I got $63k for my 2018 802a with sunroof with 7,500 miles. I think Raptors hold their

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my Raptor in for a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser. I've always wanted a LC200... The deal popped up and I got one!!!

FYI: I got $63k for my 2018 802a with sunroof with 7,500 miles. I think Raptors hold their
Great car. We have a 2017 LC 200 and love it. If you decide to get rid of the rake and Toyota nose dive while braking, check out the Icon Coilovers. Made a world of difference in ours. PM me with any questions.

Okegg0

Reaction score
Not everyone's cup of tea but to feed my cravings of speed and off road I have the Raptor and the Focus RS. Raptor is the daily and the RS is when I need speed (mid 11sec 1/4 miles).View attachment 119632

Love the RS, I have an 03 Evo 8 from when I was in HS that I just cant come to get rid of because I know i'll be pissed. Best time on that is 10.9 in the 1/4. Just with 2 kids its a pain in the ass switching over car seats for the one random trip they wanna take in it.

Blackwire1217

Reaction score
What's it take to get an RS to mid 11's? Impressive combo.

Thank you! The RS is a mid 13 sec car bone stock. With a tune, upgraded intercooler, and exhaust your in the mid 12's. Replace the turbo, BOV and piping and your mid to upper 11's.

Although I'm more of a german sports saloon type guy, that RS is one hell of a car! Good looking combo

Thanks! Had a E92 M3 competition package but never could get comfortable in it. Love the seats in the RS.

SlickTrick

Reaction score
Bro, learn from my mistakes... I am 31, I have blown 100k in the passed 5 years on trading vehicles, 2 M3s and 3 E63s ( merc) and 1 Maserati later... oh and a Porsche turbo - I am more then happy with my Raptor... my second favorite vehicle I ever owned... My first would still be the 2015 biturbo E63.. loved that car. M3s wouldn’t even make it on my list.

Woah, this just made me rethink everything haha. I'm a bit younger than most Raptor owners, I fall right into that M3 age range hence why I want it lol. I was originally going to buy that damn F80 until some ppl talked me into the Raptor. (NEVER TAKE ANYONE ELSE'S OPINION WHEN BUYING A VEHICLE)!! And the only thing stopping me from a F90 is price. Haven't driven any F80 yet. But when you broke down the depreciation for me, makes a lot more sense. Think I might hold off then until the time is right unless it's some sort of smoking deal for that F80. S

Woah, this just made me rethink everything haha. I'm a bit younger than most Raptor owners, I fall right into that M3 age range hence why I want it lol. I was originally going to buy that damn F80 until some ppl talked me into the Raptor. (NEVER TAKE ANYONE ELSE'S OPINION WHEN BUYING A VEHICLE)!! And the only thing stopping me from a F90 is price. Haven't driven any F80 yet. But when you broke down the depreciation for me, makes a lot more sense. Think I might hold off then until the time is right unless it's some sort of smoking deal for that F80. S

OP
OP
borzraptor

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a W212 E63s briefly last summer, loved it. I wanted something that would give me the same experience and obv the Raptor won't but I still love it. Raptor would be so perfect if I had another sports car in the garage.

OP
OP
borzraptor

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

love the new LC200's, wish we had the executive lounge trim here in the U.S.

Steve Hibbits

Reaction score
Have an 18' SCREW in Leadfoot that I bought in October. Bought the Raptor over a F80 M3, kind of bored bc im not into offroading and i dont live out in the desert. Truck has 1600 miles on it, fully loaded (with beadlocks), what do you think I can get for it or do you think I can trade for a M3 at about 67-70k. Thanks in advance. TsuiH0w.jpg
Nice Raptor ! I just bought one Friday and I have an M3 for sale if you may be interested. It is a 2003 convertible with 18112 miles. I bought it new and it is in mint condition. Asking 21,500. it is on Facebook Marketplace if you do facebook.

Shayne

Reaction score
Less than a month ago, I was looking at upgrading my 2017 SCREW 802A with 17,500 miles for a 2019 802A. My truck has the hard FORD roll-out bed cover, rhino lined bed, rigid lights in the bumper cutouts, full graphics package.....including some Rappy add-ons, a Putco light bar, tinted windows, clear front bra and tons of other small accessories. The truck is spotless....all maintenance and recalls completed....literally perfect. My Raptor's MSRP was 74K.....a dealer here in VA offered 51K and CARMAX offered 54K. I literally couldn't believe it. I previously owned a 2014 Raptor that I bought new for 52K in 2013....put 15K miles on it....traded it in to CARMAX 18 months later for 51K! Looks like I'll be keeping mine for a while....oh....I traded my 2017 M4 for my Raptor!

20180111_205348.jpg

View attachment 119868

View attachment 119870

2016 BMW M4 (32).jpg

IMG-20171113-WA0006.jpg