There HAS to be something wrong with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 19 rides better (and is quieter) than my buddies Cadillac SRX. I can tell the difference between cold tire pressure and hot tire pressure (4 - 6 pounds) so I know the tire pressure is important.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it that when someone has a legitimate question about an issue with their truck, and they reach out on here for help, half the guys on here respond with comments about fake posts, unrealistic expectations or the OP isn't experiencing what they are claiming? He isn't the first one with a '19 to post on here about the ride quality. The '19 has a different setup than the other gen 2's. Just because your truck is setup differently and you don't have the same issue doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the way the '19 is setup. I almost took mine back the first week I had it and it's not my first raptor.

It's not the question...It's the over the top...my previous truck...bla bla bla...no details...stock photo. All three years of the Gen2 Raptor trash every other truck on the road. If the OP had a personal dislike that he was trying to address then it would be addressed as such...but to claim that his previous truck was soooo much better without any details on how it was set up means it's just an attempt to trash the Raptor in a general way. It's not helpful to anyone trying improve their truck because it gives no basis from which to build from. ALL truck...read...ALL trucks are light in the rear end and addressing specifics within a set of parameters is what's helpful not a general trashing of the GEN2 Raptor.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why not test drive another 2019 or find another Houston 2019 owner and try to identify if it is just your perceived reality and the 2019 is not up to your standards, or if there is really something wrong with YOUR truck? Why all the online wailing without actually making an effort to solve your problem? If you quit whining and actually did a comparison, you would garner more support, and less Sasquatch references. There are TONS of 2019 Raptors in H-town—befriend a local owner and figure shit out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the question...It's the over the top...my previous truck...bla bla bla...no details...stock photo. All three years of the Gen2 Raptor trash every other truck on the road. If the OP had a personal dislike that he was trying to address then it would be addressed as such...but to claim that his previous truck was soooo much better without any details on how it was set up means it's just an attempt to trash the Raptor in a general way. It's not helpful to anyone trying improve their truck because it gives no basis from which to build from. ALL truck...read...ALL trucks are light in the rear end and addressing specifics within a set of parameters is what's helpful not a general trashing of the GEN2 Raptor.

Set up? It was nothing special....2007 Nissan Titan crew cab 4x4. Leveling spacer in front, Bilestein 5100s, Nitto Trail Grappler 33x11.5x18 tires with 40 PSI.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys thanks for your interest. I'm not able to respond to every reply but I am hoping someone has some technical insight. If there is something I can tweak in Forscan or if I can check electrical output on the position sensors...or something. I've already played up and down with tire pressure and settled on what I consider to be practical. I don't need to ride around with nearly flat tires all the time considering I do use my truck as a truck and haul stuff. I will eventually get a ride in another '19 Raptor for comparison. This is a frustrating experience and some of the immature comments here just make it worse.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think the posts rebutting the OP are the type endemic to this forum. It happens on any forum I’ve been on. Come to forum, complain about a vehicle, a camera, whatever it is, that the other members own and love, and they will defend what they have.

I replied in a somewhat tart manner, but did not think the OP was a troll. I can usually smell trolls. And I’ve seen others here complain about the ride.

My 17 Raptor (which I traded after 10 months for a Platinum which I traded for the 19 Raptor) was my first truck ownership. I expected it to ride like a truck. In fact, I rented a Dodge Ram on vacation and it rode like a car. I did not like that. I rented a truck; I wanted it to feel like a truck.

Yes, on rough roads like we have here in NY, the truck is rough. But again, it is a truck made for desert running. If the suspension was so soft as to soak up small road imperfections, it would be useless for what it’s designed to do.

No, you don’t have to like it but it is what it is. I await the OP’s test drive in another 19 to see if something is wrong with his.

DreadPirateRaptor

Reaction score
OP have you disabled your TC when offroad? It’s VERY aggressive at times and I’ve more than once had a tire drop off a tall road and found some quick oversteer steering was needed. It’s happened consistently in turns and washboards, but once I hit the button and hold it down, it’s not happened since.

Now PNC on road disabling T, isn’t ideal. I will say Icon’s in the rear eliminated the issues I was having.

JPete

Reaction score
It’s a Raptor, not a Cadillac. My buddy sells Fords and that’s who I bought mine from. I asked him when I bought it; “why are there used 18’s on lots if these are so coveted?” He said it’s because people buy them not realizing they don’t ride as smooth as a lot of other trucks. They get them and THEN decide they don’t like the ride quality.

I have no issues with how it rides. Love this thing.

Don’t understand it either.. I traded 16 limited that rode like crap compared to this thing... it’s cushy and responsive as heck. Love the ride... try a Limited... it’s horrible compared to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To the OP:
By now many have mentioned air pressure as a possible issue....so what are you running now?

The 17/18 Raptors will ride different because your 19 has the Live Valve shock set up...as MANY have stated the 17/18's ride cushy and a little floaty...I love it, but there are others who wish the truck was "more planted" on the road...read stiffer...

I wonder if the shocks are somehow stuck on "Stiff"?.....if it was my truck I would run down a known road and then run again with all the shocks electrical connectors dis-connected. With no signal from the ride module the shocks go to full stiff...if the test ride is the same it points to the L/valve system...if it gets worse then I'd move onto tires/springs...