There HAS to be something wrong with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 early build Raptor: Think I’ll take it back to the dealer next week. I’m still convinced that it rides abnormally rough. This past weekend I spent a couple days running the forest roads and was very disappointed. The ride is always stiff and jittery and I feel every single road imperfection. Plus the axle wrap is ridiculous! There is NOTHING adaptive about the Fox Live Valve system and toggling drive modes between Sport, Normal, Baja etc…made no difference. Feels like its stuck in "sport" mode all the time.

This trip was the benchmark test for this truck that I’ve been waiting for. It was at this same location last year where I decided I wanted a Raptor because I noticed my old truck getting jarred pretty bad on the holes. This time around I can credit the Raptor for handing the deepest of the potholes and washouts better…but the overall ride quality is actually worse than what I had before.

This, along with some other quirks, is breaking my heart because I waited a LONG time to get a new truck and really wanted this one. I hope the dealer finds a fix so I can get the same level of satisfaction out of this truck as everyone else; otherwise it doesn’t make sense to pay big $$$ for such a truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The ride is always stiff and jittery and I feel every single road imperfection. Plus the axle wrap is ridiculous!

I thought there was a service memo for the stiff ride on the ’19+ shocks. any ’19 owners got info?

the axle wrap is known issue and that’s not getting better unless you modify;
deavers, traction bars or torque arm - possibly a combination.

What kind of tire pressure are you running and are you just taking the truck’s word for it, or have you verified with a known / good tire gauge?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no amount of suspension is is going to make a rough road smooth and couch like.

The one thing i took away from the raptor assault was how jarring the ride was, but the tires were still in contact with the road and the truck was in control the entire time.

Post some pix or a video of the road in question so we have an idea of what you are talking about.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no amount of suspension is is going to make a rough road smooth and couch like.

The one thing i took away from the raptor assault was how jarring the ride was, but the tires were still in contact with the road and the truck was in control the entire time.

Post some pix or a video of the road in question so we have an idea of what you are talking about.

That does make me feel a little better to hear. Good idea on the pic/video. I'll be going back there in a few weeks.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Bummer. Go drive a few at the dealer and see if they are the same, of course they will probably have 48 psi in the tires. Lots of Raptors running around Houston, maybe someone will swap trucks with you for a day, or let you take it around a block or two.

I know exactly what you mean by feeling every imperfection though, my wife's SUV w/ 22's is exactly the same, horrible. It's beautiful and badass, but I don't like driving it at all. It feels like a damn 3/4 ton truck w/ 80 psi.

I would think with those pressures it should ride like a cloud of *******, on the road. Mine are close to that and I have no complaints.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought axle wrap was less when the rear shocks were opposed to one another? This is why ford switched them from the Gen1 design.

I thought there was a service memo for the stiff ride on the ’19+ shocks. any ’19 owners got info?

the axle wrap is known issue and that’s not getting better unless you modify;
deavers, traction bars or torque arm - possibly a combination.

What kind of tire pressure are you running and are you just taking the truck’s word for it, or have you verified with a known / good tire gauge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter