There HAS to be something wrong with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know people may be tired of me saying this, but if you air down it will change everything. To me it is lame to spend $ 70K and a truck and not buy a decent air compressor and take the "time" to air down and up. I guess complaining is easier than actually airing down. Until you air down to under 18, you really shouldn't complain about how the truck doesn't work right.

Yup, get a decent VIAIR or equivalent pump.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a Raptor, not a Cadillac. My buddy sells Fords and that’s who I bought mine from. I asked him when I bought it; “why are there used 18’s on lots if these are so coveted?” He said it’s because people buy them not realizing they don’t ride as smooth as a lot of other trucks. They get them and THEN decide they don’t like the ride quality.

I have no issues with how it rides. Love this thing.
Mine rides 100 times better than any other truck I have ever owned, and Ive owned every brand but crap Dodge.

Greg Gobin

Reaction score
I come from the Jeep world, from a 2013 jk rubicon to a 19 raptor. My Jeep had a suspension lift that rode better than stock but my raptor rides better stock than the Jeep ever did. Something definitely needs to be checked out if it rides that bad. I’m running 38psi in my tires it had 45 when I bought it and 38 is a huge improvement

Raptah1

Reaction score
Just took mine on a 20 hr trip to Canada and back. It ride awesome even thru bad construction and uneven roads. No problem here.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhh, no. Still will be solid axel, just with coil springs instead of leafs. At least that is what the spy photos ar
Uhh, no. Still will be solid axel, just with coil springs instead of leafs. At least that is what the spy photos are showing.

True... That will be too complicated and probably cost some off road capabilities...

2025 electric raptor with electric motor front and rear 600mi range and 750hp... If they can control weight and distribution we have a winner. You saw it here first

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No offense to the OP, especially cause I’m far from the sharpest tool in the shed, but the Raptor is tuned to blast through the desert. It can rock crawl, it can jump, etc.

Last time I gazed at my neighbor’s driveway at his 2005 Sedan DeVille, try as I might I didn’t see that cloud of ******* in Moab on Hell’s Revenge.

meanwhile, my ‘19 rides better than my ‘17 did, with much less rear axle hop, almost none in fact.

On my recent 6500 mile round trip from NY to Moab, the highway and side road ride was fine. At no time did I wish I was in that Deville instead.

So, as my lovely wife would say to our kids when they were small and fell down and were about to whine and cry, toughen up, mugsy.

Johnfaeglasgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not real impressed with ride on my 19 either. I run 31,29 cold which helps some on washboard dirt roads, but I find speed helps more than anything else. The harder I hit things the smoother it goes. Will be getting Icon leaf setup over the winter for sure. Setting 2. May go for traditional bypass shocks without Livevalve down the line, but that’s a lotta money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
2019 early build Raptor: Think I’ll take it back to the dealer next week. I’m still convinced that it rides abnormally rough. This past weekend I spent a couple days running the forest roads and was very disappointed. The ride is always stiff and jittery and I feel every single road imperfection. Plus the axle wrap is ridiculous! There is NOTHING adaptive about the Fox Live Valve system and toggling drive modes between Sport, Normal, Baja etc…made no difference. Feels like its stuck in "sport" mode all the time.

This trip was the benchmark test for this truck that I’ve been waiting for. It was at this same location last year where I decided I wanted a Raptor because I noticed my old truck getting jarred pretty bad on the holes. This time around I can credit the Raptor for handing the deepest of the potholes and washouts better…but the overall ride quality is actually worse than what I had before.

This, along with some other quirks, is breaking my heart because I waited a LONG time to get a new truck and really wanted this one. I hope the dealer finds a fix so I can get the same level of satisfaction out of this truck as everyone else; otherwise it doesn’t make sense to pay big $$$ for such a truck.

I have been complaining about the same thing since I bought mine in Feb. I had a '13 before, this thing rides horribly, so much so I am thinking of replacing all shocks and the leaf springs which is ridiculous for a truck with 10,000 miles on it, just so I can drive down a highway. I have aired my tires down and it has done nothing. If your foot is on the gas, the slightest imperfection on the road causes the truck to jump around.