The tales of Raptorstain

Do you want part 2

• YES

Votes: 51 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mylo2021

Reaction score
Here is the sad story of my Raptor.

Well let me start by saying that I live in Peru (South America) but I am not Peruvian. Everything started on September 2020 when I ordered my Raptor it took 3 months and 80K to get it here. From November to January we had a blast with the Raptor from mountains up to 14763ft above sea level to the Dunes where the Dakar took place. But on January 13 disaster happened...
Around 9pm I was on my way to a night adventure, suddenly a river was in front of me (I have been in this route before during winter when the river is dry) I pulled back and ask to a police officer if there was another way, he said "yes" that it would take me 40min more and ask him if the river was safe enough to cross it, he said yes, he stood outside of the car and took a look to the river and said that it was safe to cross it.
Well I trusted in his word, I prepared the Raptor to cross the rive engaged my 4x4 but as soon as the front tires hit the water it was too deep and the engine stalled instantly. I was at the mercy of the river, the river flow it was son damn strong that It started dragging the Raptor water started to get inside of the cockpit, I opened the sunroof and I got out there through there and then jumped to the bed then I said "Lord give me strength" I jumped to the river and fought my way to the shore.
Then I started watching how the Raptor started dying lights went crazy, I saw my dream truck getting dragged by the river. Suddenly the truck got stuck enough to get a Backhoe Loader strapped the truck and pull it out of the river....

view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oe0A1L0QTkNqAZJ1K8dzeZf__R7bG0ry/view?usp=sharing

Short story after a month I lost my fight with the insurance and my Ford Dealer quoted my 95K to fix my truck.

So if you want the Part 2 "The reborn of the Raptor" let me know.

Regards

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!
#OneLessprius.

I would like to congratulate you for being the first owner to ever find a good use for the twin panel moon roof on the F150 Raptor. I suppose that now we can call it the “twin panel escape hatch”.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
There are no words. Well....NEVER cross a river. Especially if some other idiot tells you it's ok. Maybe you can get the police officer to chip in on the salvage. Horror story anyhow. Sorry this happened to you.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
95K?!!! That water will just drain out, weep holes right? That sucks though, moving water is no joke!! Yes let's hear part 2!