The Raptor Wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry...goning to be brutally honest here...

waving to other people just because they drive a similar car is just stupid. I despised the "corvette wave" when I had one, and sorry...if you wave at me in another raptor, it may trigger me to just wave back with a middle finger.

LOL If you're driving a multi-million dollar car and see another, sure. But a pickup truck? Not expensive, not exclusive, not rare? FFS, no. Sofa King ****.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny this thread just popped up. My wife commented on this yesterday and said "oh you wave at Raptors, I thought that was a stupid Jeep thing." I wave at every F150 we pass now just to **** her off.

My wife gave me shit too, and made fun of me when they didn’t wave back. “Looks like you’re friend didn’t wave back. Guess he doesn’t like you.”.....stopped from then on...not much of a thing here in TX with Raptors.

NOW, if you’re in the country, and driving anything, people will wave at you. It’s a small town TX thing.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NOW, if you’re in the country, and driving anything, people will wave at you. It’s a small town TX thing.

It's a country thing. People do it here out in the sticks. Same same in all Western states. You may need that guy's help when he's on his way back from town in six hours and you're broken down with no coverage ... or vice versa.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife gave me shit too, and made fun of me when they didn’t wave back. “Looks like you’re friend didn’t wave back. Guess he doesn’t like you.”.....stopped from then on...not much of a thing here in TX with Raptors.

Everyone's experience is going to be a bit different. As this thread illustrates, opinions on a wave go from being a fan of it to hating on people who wave. I will wave, when it comes to mind and I'm not too busy driving to wave. I get a response sometimes, but not more likely not. I don't think it's rude as they likely aren't thinking of it or are focused on driving.

DLU

Reaction score
Here in the North West the no wave seems to be the norm. Wife askes who was that as i wave and my same reply is always, "it was a non waving raptor driver"