The NorCal Super raptor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Precious Metal

Precious Metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hood and roof wrap

I was just going to do the hood but a friend suggested also doing the roof. I don't know why but I think the tailgate would be too much. I'm open to your opinions. I know I didn't want the factory graphics because I didn't care for the logos. I also found out why the factory only does the center of the hood. IT'S A BITCH to wrap the hood contours. Luckily my vinyl guy great. Before you ask, the hood and roof cost me about 400.00 installed. And I don't recommend trying to do the hood yourself, at least I wouldn't try it.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 79

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just going to do the hood but a friend suggested also doing the roof. I don't know why but I think the tailgate would be too much. I'm open to your opinions. I know I didn't want the factory graphics because I didn't care for the logos. I also found out why the factory only does the center of the hood. IT'S A BITCH to wrap the hood contours. Luckily my vinyl guy great. Before you ask, the hood and roof cost me about 400.00 installed. And I don't recommend trying to do the hood yourself, at least I wouldn't try it.

What Vinyl place did you go to? I have been wanting to get my hood done and fender flares.

ps. I saw you drive by on Trimble going towards Montague expressway last week sometime. I was at a light going the other way.

Last edited:

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Vinyl place did you go to? I have been wanting to get my hood done and fender flares.

ps. I saw you drive by on Trimble going towards Montague expressway last week sometime. I was at a light going the other way.

I have heard really good things about vinyl styles in San Carlos, good reviews on yelp, taking mine there to get the hood done.

OP
OP
Precious Metal

Precious Metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wrap was done by Millers Vinyl Graphics at Club Auto Sport. I also have an office there. It's right near Trimble and Montague which is why you saw me there. Again there is a fun event there Sunday if anyone wants to come by. My supercharger should be done if anyone wants to check it out.

OP
OP
Precious Metal

Precious Metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercharger install Pics

So as I predicted, the install was going well until we discovered there was one missing part. Fedex is now on the way with the overnight box so we can finish.
As for the those pesky exhaust cutouts, we decided to use the down time to finish them up. Now before I start getting crucified for the placement, there was a lot of brainstorming about where they should go. It was my opinion that high and out of sight would be the best but remember these guys are into horsepower and function more than aesthetics. The idea was to put them in a spot near a bend so the flow would be strait out and not split in two directions therefore creating more HP and less resistance. I really didn't care but I figure the biggest danger is possibly ripping them off while off-roading. I am assured that will be difficult because they are higher than the lowest point on the truck. I think they under estimate my ability to break shit.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Precious Metal

Precious Metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Test Drive With The Supercharger - VIDEO

FINALLY!!! The ProCharger in now fully installed as are the DMH exhaust cutouts. I loaded the tune from ProCharger but I don't think it accounts for the headers and exhaust because the idle is a little wavy and it has died a couple of times while sitting at idle. Scotty, the awesome tech that did the work, said that the ECU may have to learn the way I drive the truck again and it should get better. I'm also getting it dyno'd and custom tuned on Tuesday.

I'm trying not to drive it flat out till everything gets settled but WOW when you floor it you could hear angels sing. I'm trying break it in with a balance of all kinds of driving styles so I have a good feel for it by the time we tune it Tuesday. I've read some horror stories from people about blown belts and cats and don't want that to happen to me. I'll try to take it easy for a day or two.

YouTube - ‪First run of 2011 Raptor with Supercharger‬‏

YouTube - ‪First drive of the 2011 Supercharged Raptor‬‏