The Detroit Auto Show - New Raptor Unveiling Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it a lot!!! As with any vehicle I would like to buy there are things that I don't like with this one so far the tailgate is not good how am I going to de badge that. The seats are not great but so far it is very cool. I will get to see it on Thursday maybe it will look better in person.

Eco boost will be easer to tune for increased power for sure. 60+ hp is not out of the question with a tune

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did I miss the Upfitter Switches??

In the headliner.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Some people on Mustang6G are saying that the 5.0L is optional. Don't know if there is any truth to that at all.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is the Ford has learned from it's past mishaps. They aren't releasing this until 2017. I would think that it will be dialed in by that time. Don't think that someone at Ford isn't reading every comment we make about this thing.

Ha ha my 30+ years working there and they still do things they same way.. Make excuses for what they release why its that way instead of looking at a way to make it better. Example... The new explorer, the design engineers defended their reason for not having a easy access electric tailgate on the Edge like all the competition does instead of looking at a way to make it have one like all the rest.
Being that you are guessing and I worked there for as long as I did I know a few things about how they still run things. and knowing that they are reading this good for em they need to stop bringing things out like they did on the 2010 Raptor transmission.

Oops my bad meant to say edge not explorer :(

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the wheels. I hope they stay all black when released.

And if you listen closely to the video unavailing, it says the new raptor will be 500 pounds lighter then the current Raptor. 500 pounds lighter and a 10 speed transmission will equate to better fuel economy. I bet the majority of you guys will jump ship if the new Raptor gets 20mpg.

I need to pick up a part time job. I will try my best to keep my 2013 and also pick up the new one. :)

lots of pics >> http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-f-150-raptor-0/

Last edited:

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall I like it minus the tailgate, I will probably get a '17 Screw as my '12 will be 5 years old at that time and I'll want something new.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha ha my 30+ years working there and they still do things they same way.. Make excuses for what they release why its that way instead of looking at a way to make it better. Example... The new explorer, the design engineers defended their reason for not having a easy access electric tailgate on the Explorer like all the competition does instead of looking at a way to make it have one like all the rest.
Being that you are guessing and I worked there for as long as I did I know a few things about how they still run things. and knowing that they are reading this good for em they need to stop bringing things out like they did on the 2010 Raptor transmission.

How bad is the up keep of the new raptor going to be? You have seen some of the new stuff first hand, any thoughts?

Turbo's need catch cats and intakes cleaned every 40K or so. (oil blow buy for all the new people to turbos)

10 speed tyranny grenades, what is that going to cost to repair?

Yes if you buy a big $$$ truck you should be able to afford it but I think the upkeep on this is going to be more than people think.

Osprey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There go my dreams of a turbo 5.0
Maybe I'm a bit juvenile (ok, there's no maybe about it) but the deep roar of a V8 will be missed.

Last edited:

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy that it's a turbo.

So many people bitching about it probably have not had a turbo car, or it was something in the 80's-90's era.

The "V6 bad V8 good" crowd will hopefully keep the 1st gen value high for when I go to sell mine for a new one.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like overall. Miss the hood vents, a lot - aftermarket win! Like the exhaust. Don't like the approach angle ... at all. Bumper/skidplate wayyyy too low. First time offroad is gonna see many skidplates stoved in and bent bumpers, IJS from experience....another aftermarket WIN! Love the AL body, particularly those of us who live in the rust belt....long overdue. BTW, I have to chuckle every time I see the Silverado ad touting the "cold, rolled steel body." Hey, they gotta try some gimmickey way to say they are clinging to old, heavy-assed technology. Love the twin turbo, have one in my SHO and it's an awesome engine IMHO. We'll see about the mileage increase and the 10 speed should help....never mind the thing shifting all day long in town.